URGENT - Account hacked

URGENT - Account hacked

Dear Staff, my account on the email of ** was hacked a couple of hours ago right after my payment method was changed and both my active reservations were cancelled. My first reservation is scheduled for tomorrow and I can’t reach you on the phone since my reservation is now cancelled. Please help urgently.

I created this additional account so that I can reach out. My original account was on the name of ** and email address**. My currently active phone number is **

Kindly get back to me at the earliest today so that we can restore my account and my reservations.

Thank you and best,

Olga

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Olga879 

Sorry to hear what happened.

You have reached Airbnb community which is a forum for hosts and guests.

If you want to speak to Airbnb all the ways of contacting them are in the Contact Airbnb post, towards the top of the forum you are posting in. I would as it's urgent, give them a call or use their social media.  You may have to wait a while to get through on the phone as their customer services are very busy because of Covid and staff cut backs.

@Nick  can you remove the personal contact details?

Many thanks for sharing ideas, Helen. I also haven't realised it was a public message. The issue is that Airbnb doesn't take my calls because they now take only calls on active bookings that will happen within then next 72 hours. I sent e message too through this new account as well as on social media, but have no idea by when they will reply. Meanwhile, my reservation for tomorrow has been released. I requested the host to give me a bit of time and to try to contact Airbnb too. Overall, I'm quite stunned to see online that so many people have earlier faced the same issue and yet Airbnb still doesn't have an emergency number for hacked accounts. I'm very disappointed with them as a result.

Thank you again for the suggestions and support! 

Best,

Olga