URGENT: Air Bnb keeps canceling guest reservations EACH DAY right as the guests are ABOUT TO CHECK IN!

Answered!
Sebastian252
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

URGENT: Air Bnb keeps canceling guest reservations EACH DAY right as the guests are ABOUT TO CHECK IN!

URGENT: Air Bnb keeps canceling guest reservations EACH DAY right as the guests are ABOUT TO CHECK IN! All of our listings are on an island where people travel thousands of miles to get to and it's already happened to 4 guests! We are in the middle of summer season and are parked, but so are all the other apartments here! The guests have no where to go and Air Bnb has canceled them most of the times while they are already on the way, or just when they land on the island. Air Bnb has told me nothing except it's with safety department and they will get back to me, which could take weeks. MEANWHILE there are guests landing non stop (dozens of check ins in the coming days,) and each one is only being canceled right up at the moment their check in starts. How is this fair to guests? Air Bnb continually abuses hosts with more requirements every year (been doing this 11 years, have 2000+ reviews, five start host, dozens of units, etc etc) and while the abuse of companies part of the sharing-economy isn't a secret, the abuse on GUESTS is new. How can a company pretend that it will keep guests coming back if they cancel them on the day of their check in, without explication? Every guests I've spoken to today said they'll never use Air Bnb, to a background of crying kids and probably confused family members, and I understand their frustration. Is there anyway to fast track this process? or anyone I can speak to about this? I have experience with the safety and security Dept because a couple of years ago one person mentioned "cameras" in their review and my listings were paused for 1.5 months without a word from safety Dept, and after their investigation (talking with the guests) they discovered that the guests refered to the cameras of the GAS STATION ACROSS THE STREET. it's not fair for the guests, or for me as a host, or the home owners that we wait months for this. For me I just move to VRBO, Flip Key, local options, etc etc etc. But the guests keep getting canceled due to the "automated system process" as one non-helpful Air Bnb rep told me.  Is there anyway to fast track this process? or anyone I can speak to about this? 

1 Best Answer

@Sebastian252  You are in business!  Keep a list of of your guests names, phone numbers, and dates.  What if there was a tsunami and the internet was down?  Always have a backup so you aren't totally in trouble when the technology fails.  If Airbnb has a snag for you, you might still be able to accommodate guests.

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Jesus! I can imagine the circus...

Your guests will have to wait a few days or a week for a refund from Airbnb. If they can afford it, I would offer them to pay in cash on arrival and stay at your place as planned.

You don't have options other to keep trying to contact Airbnb CS. Good luck

@Sebastian252  You are in business!  Keep a list of of your guests names, phone numbers, and dates.  What if there was a tsunami and the internet was down?  Always have a backup so you aren't totally in trouble when the technology fails.  If Airbnb has a snag for you, you might still be able to accommodate guests.

Thank you so much!! Yes, totally!! I began screenshooting numbers just in case once I knew it would keep happening! Saved some, lost some, helped some. What a weekend lol. Thanks again! 🏝