Ukraine

Michèle2
Level 2
Paris, France

Ukraine

Could AirBnB use its Russian contact database to inform russian people of the reality of what is really happening in Ukraine?

4 Replies 4
Patricia741
Level 10
Rösrath, Germany

@ all  @admin    @Anna    @Juliane    @Catherine
Vllt neben den Demos, Hilfsaktionen, Vermietungen, Spenden uvm auch eine Überlegung, besonders nach den massiven Sperren der Medien

Hi @Michèle2 and @Patricia741,

Thank you for sharing this idea. We are capturing as many ideas as possible and considering as much as we can to support our community. I will pass this along. Thank you for tagging me.

Kindly,
Catherine

Libbie-and-Bill0
Level 3
Port Alberni, Canada

The utmost concern would be keep the communications neutral enough to ensure safety. ie the jailing of those who run a different  story from that spun by the Kremlin. The paranoid aspect of me considers words that could be tagged. Good idea.

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

I do not think anyone outside Russia has the right to ‘interfere’…  The majority of Russians have the ability (or contacts who do have) to ascertain the true details of what is happening both inside their country.. and outside.   It is a terrible situation with many Russians being arrested and detained daily due to their objections.  We need to concentrate on those, almost solely, Ukrainians, who are suffering as a result of this.  Russians who do not agree with their ‘Government’ have choices, stay or leave…. Ukrainians don’t… their choices are a lot harder.