Unfair Review

Yahir10
Level 1
Tulum, Mexico

Unfair Review

Hi guys good morning, I have a nice  two stories open bedrooms Loft in Tulum , When I decided to rented via Air BnB  I posted it as two bedrooms loft cause that is the layout and according to the title deed is  2 bedrooms . One guy which has instant booking , booked the Loft for 4 days, 2 days before he said he realized the Loft is one bedroom and can't accept that cause he needs two  close bedrooms (I have one king  in the main room and in the second room a double single sofa bed.

I explained I can't canceled because I will be penalize and bad review on my profile but if he was uncomfortable he can do it by himself , he start to threat me he won't do it and he will no show , and blaming I was a lier and he will send his lawyers to the property.  

I offer him another option to stay there for one night and if he still uncomfortable  I can refund the rest nights of change him to another apartment. 

He still was refusing and said he needs back his money .

At that time I changed the layout of my property for 2 beds to 1 bed to keep it clear and avoid future misunderstandings with future guests .

I decided to contact  host support at the end they said was my fault no to explain the layout and gave him the refund on my behalf.

Even though he received his entire money and I was the affected, he still review me with one star and recommend all no to book my place because is not real and I am a lier. 

I wrote support too many times in order to remove that unfair review but seems they dont care about.

Is a pity that  hosts like me are hard working trying to do the best for the platform and our guests and suddenly a guy that he just changed his mind can grade you even when he doesn't even show .

I am so disappointed with air bnb and supporting team.

I can't do anything .

Regards

1 Reply 1
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Yahir10 I think your place looks beautiful, but I would personally not consider it a two bedroom, regardless of what the title of the property states. If the other bed is in a communal area (the living room), it's not a bedroom. I think the way you have it described now is much more accurate and will should avoid misunderstandings in the future. 

I would consider adding a floorplan to your listing and cutting your number of photos. I found it really confusing. There is a lot of repetition and I can understand how a guest could get confused by it also. Again, your place is stunning, but a lot of info is lacking or confusing. Adding labels to your photos can also help. 

I don't think you'll be able to do much about the bad review, unfortunately. Responding is good, but I would keep your replies short and factual: remember that they're for the benefit of your future guests so should portray you in the best light. Calling the guest a liar isn't really in your best interests.

If you want to try and continue to get the review removed, I would focus on point 3 of the review policy: 

Airbnb's Review Policy - Airbnb Help Center

3. Reviews should be relevant

• Profanity, name calling, and assumptions about a person’s character or personality

The guest calls you a liar. I would work on getting it removed based on that.