Unlisted my account

Unlisted my account

Hi, my account is blocked because I wrote it’s only for females. I am a female and I had a bad experience with man’s and couples. So I can’t allow anymore to them. If you guys can understand me then please open my account and I will do only for females

1 Reply 1

@Sid468  This is a forum of peers, nobody here has the power to do anything about your account. However, your profile does show one listing that is currently active.

Airbnb does not consider it discrimination to host guests only of your gender, provided that you are sharing living space with them. One potential issue might be that your profile has only a picture of a building, no Verified ID, no information about you, and "Sid" could also be a male name....so someone might have flagged you as a potential predator rather than as a woman who's only comfortable sharing her home with other women.

Now as far as I'm concerned your gender identity is none of my business, and I don't know how Airbnb handles gender-specific rooming arrangements when either host or guest is transgender or non-binary. But I do think that if you're going to advertise a "female only" room, your profile should show in some way that you also belong to the female gender identity. Because nobody is allowed to host "opposite sex only" listings.

One more thing: one of the first things people see when they read your listing is "I've had a bad experience." It's not against any kind of rule to write that, but it's not necessary and might be bad for business. People are at their most optimistic when planning a trip, and if they feel confronted with negativity they tend to swipe left.