Update on "disappeared listing" mystery.

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Update on "disappeared listing" mystery.

Today Airbnb Support sent the following message"

Thanks for alerting us to the issue.  We've passed the details

on to our engineers, who are now working to find the issue's

source and fix it.

Regards,

Asad 

I can't send the screen shot because I do not know how to reduce

the photo size.  I do believe this CS tried his best to discover the problem

and finally gave up and referred it on up the food chain. But never have I

ever received anything from ABB back. After a while a bot will contact me

and ask if the problem was fixed.

Susan
8 Replies 8

@Susan990  I tried searching in Redmond, OR, still only one of your listings shows up. The  category changes do broken something and mess up. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Susan990 

It is not a mystery, both listings are in the search system:

Emiel1_0-1652992681178.png

@Emiel1  OK, what this shows is that only when you input specific dates of occupancy, which are in fact open on their calendars, do both units show up as available. So date specific searches only.  Which still does not prove total search truth when you just search for a place in Redmond,OR , one guest, no dates just looking- then only one shows up.  That is a programing error which must get fixed.  It is not showing the public all the places that exist to stay - assuming also that the price to search in is added- the field should show all that fit those 3 parameters. It does not.

Susan

@Emiel1 @Z-2  Continuing the thread of discovery of how the new platform funtions and malfunctions , let's tally what we know:

1- Views data have crashed for most Listings.

2- Reservations data have followed suit with Viewings and declined bookings.

3- the 3 baseline search parameters - Location, # occupants, Price- do not yield ALL of the properties which fall into those primary  search parameters. 

4.- The new categories bar misleads the public about availability of properties which fit the categories  (56) presented. 

5. A I has made its own decisions about category for many properties and placed them in the wrong category which is false advertising and ruins the successful search for that property.

6.  Evidence  A I  is attempting to steer the consumer towards products which it has determined the consumer might want.

7.  Many Many properties are simply not found on the site through normal search efforts , therefor effectively removed from the consumer market.

Susan
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Susan990 

If no specific dates are used (which is the most common way of searching on the platform), then " flexible" is the default. Your listing will not show up then because it has a 31 nights minimum stay, not fitting in a weekend, week or month stay. I mentioned this before in another thread and also what to do about it, but your only response is exposing how in your optinion the platform should work.

A 31 nights minimum stay will not fit in any month, as no month has 31 nights !

Which to me is not a mystery, but a fact.

BTW

I do agree the new release has some flaws and at least one major bug/error (which i addresses already in another thread), but it is affecting all listings, not only yours.

Hope this helps, i consider my input about this subject now as sufficient.

flexible is not a default- it is a program system with its own parameters- when you do not want to put in dates you simply do not put in dates. No dates. Then let the listing its self represent itself as to what it offers, its terms and conditions and settings for guest to read and decide.

Susan
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Emiel1 

I have been dealing with the same issue and I think the moderators finally understood to pass along to the production team.

What @Susan990  is trying to say is that there is NO ANYTIME search function anymore. When you put "flexible" it reverts back to Weekend, Week, or Month. So, you can't search for all properties in an area regardless of availability. Only listings with full weekends, full weeks, or full months available will show up.

Friday night is booked but Saturday and Sunday are open? Nope, you won't show up. Have a 3-night maximum stay like I do? You'll never show up in Weekly searches.

They need to bring back anytime search, as that is how a lot of guests (including me sometimes when I'm a guest!) search when they have flexible dates.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Thanks for the updates @Susan990 - please do keep us in the loop about how your enquiries progress.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines