Very serious support team issue perplexing, surprising and harassment because of Support Team's ineficiency not sorting the issue, inadvertently deducing the money from my accoutnt

Meena8
Level 2
Mississauga, Canada

Very serious support team issue perplexing, surprising and harassment because of Support Team's ineficiency not sorting the issue, inadvertently deducing the money from my accoutnt

We are strictly taking fully vaccinated clients now since we opened in Aug 2021 after closing Airbnb accomodation almost for a year. It is written in two times in Capital letters on top of our listing board with full clarity. A client booked one night on 1st and 2nd Aug 2021. while conversing in message box I asked him to provide the certificate of Vaccination and he said he does not have it since he is not vaccinated. He also said he did not read the listing roster. He also said he was trying his luck. So I asked him to cancel the booking immediately. He said he would need his refund. I told him that I will speak to airbnb and he will get his refund.

Since he had not checked in and the booking was cancelled with in an hour, I did not receive the money from him through airbnb. No transaction happened to my account regarding this client. Next, I received a call from helpline confirming that if the said client has checked in. I told them that he cancelled his booking so there was no question of checking in. They asked me if he should get his refund, I told them yes.

Now what I saw that the money was deducted from my future payment while I never received any payment on his behalf as he never checked in. No transaction regarding this client ever happened but 57.23 dollars one night a payment was deducted from my account.

on 3rd Aug 2021 I called airbnb waited for an hour for an assistant to come. She could not understand the issue, It took me half an hour to explain and make her understand that my account has been inadvertently deducted. She said some one will call in 24 hours to sort the issue. No one called. I messaged the support team next day 4th Aug. The conversation with helpline went on till the 17th Aug. I wasted a lot of time explain the same thing again and again but helpline was not understanding the issue. All this while I was asking to escalate my case to higher level to have a sensible conversation. They were resisting it throughout for reasons known to them. All the time they were saying that it is a refund from the money that I received from the client where as no transaction had happened. When I asked them for the proof of transaction there was no reply from them obviously because they do not have the proof.

Finally I received a call from one Mr Paolo C yesterday who told me that I will be refunded the money immediately and I will receive an email from him to access his message in the message box where he will give me a link to lodge the complain regarding support team's inefficiency . He understood my frustration and the unnecessary following up of 17 days with support teame with meters long chat messages trying to explain to them the issue. A lot of waste of time and energy.

I am totally perplexed because today when I tried to reach Paolo C message in the message box, to my surprise, it is not there or I cannot access it. All my previous conversations trail with support team regarding this issue are disappeared. All the conversation trail with the concerned client is also disappeared and my dash board is blocked neither have I received the inadvertently deducted amount by Airbnb.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON WITH AIRBNB?

Please let me know what should I do? It is  like a road block

1 Reply 1
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Are you using a browser or the Airbnb app? I had a conversation disappear on the app recently, but it showed up on the website in a browser. I reinstalled the Airbnb app, and the messages came back.

Also, Airbnb has some unusual bookkeeping methods when it comes to refunds - for one of my booking cancellations last year for which I had called to give permission to cancel, I also got the funds deducted from my payout, but after the check-in date for the cancelled guest, the money was added back. Not a good way to do it, as it could be a large time gap between cancellation and check-in, but they said that’s the way they handle it sometimes.

That’s not the case here, since I believe you said the check-in date was August 1, 2021, is that correct?