Views data.

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Views data.

Anyone noticing any movement or improvement in their views count numbers? The zeros listings- are they coming back?

Just asking.  One of mine has suddenly moved from zero to 70 today- over a one week period. Does that mean they are

fixing the platform?

Susan
46 Replies 46
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Susan990 I think something is happening, but have not noticed any bookings . Possibly the guests are starting to realise that the week shown is irrelevant to the hosts calendar or vacancy rate and is not a 'week only ' booking. We can only hope but i suggest your views are 'pregnant ' from a possible booking which will turn up shortly . in other words one or maybe two intrepid gusets are looking . I hope they turn into bookings for you H

@Helen744  I just learned from David 8879 that the views count is not what we think it is- not anymore.

And that explains why I have not had any reservations or even inquiries all summer plus my views count on the other listing is now 489 and again no new business.

Susan

explain thisimage_2022-08-07_105130445.png

@David8879  how amazing to have access to 700million Europeans as potential guests, plus other internationals, those numbers are wild! 

@Gillian166 

you had to see the nymber of views when Russians were still able to travel.

On a realistic note - it has nothing to do with viewing "specific listing" - this is just a stat of how many times listing came up in the summary sewrch for the regeon search, meaning - someone searches for "Albufeira" - due to deceptive ABNB new search entire Algarve showing up and your listing is one of the thousands in that result. It does not mean anyone ever sees it or G-d forbid - clicks it.

Welcome to the new Any Normal

@David8879  So now the platform misleads the Host who think the Views count is actual views but it is not.... and the guest user thinks it is showing all properties available within the desired search parameters but  in truth is  not  ..... so what is going on?  Is someone shorting the stock on the heels of this intentionally engineered crashing platform? Just asking.

Susan

Everything about AirBNB is quite misleading. 

They dangle the Superhost carrot in front of you, claiming improved visibility and priority placement in search engines. And when you look up your listing, "Oh! I'm on the first page! How cool is that?"

Except you're not on the first page. AirBNB's cookies make it appear to you that you are on the first page. But if you search from a friend's computer or an incognito page, you'll find you're 4.95* rated place is really on page 4, behind the slumlord motels, the guy with the 4.45* rating and a miriad of other listings that are not Superhost listings.

I'm not surprised that the metrics for the views is all a lie to make it look like you're being searched.

Think about it - it works most likely by using Google Analytics or similar and to be real - do you really think that over 1000 people viewed specific listing today?
it is not "Clickthrough rate" - these are most likely just "views" - how many times it appears on the search page 

P.S. The sheer fact that views skyrocketed after my listing was added to "beach" category proves my theory of "just coming up in the search results" - means skuack for bookings

@David8879   mmm, i've done some test searches in Europe and you are correct, it doesn't matter that i'm searching Italy, Portugal will be shown in results as well. The same applies for Australia, if you search "amazing pools" you get half of the eastern coastline in your results, that's a sweet 1500km stretch. 

And just like that - never happened. Was just a pigment of my imagination. In AirBNB we trust

David8879_0-1660047103962.png

Richard531
Level 10
California, United States

@Susan990 @David8879 @Gillian166 @Helen744 I've never really looked at the "views" stat.  I don't really think it matters as all we really care about is how's the listing actually booking.  RIght?  But since we're talking about views, is this report below good/bad from what you guys can tell?

If I'm reading this correctly, my listings are being viewed more with each passing day and the rest of the market's listings are being looked at less?  Is that what you see?  Are these a lot of views?  Don't feel like a lot to me, really. . .

views.png

@Richard531 We cannot compare to you Richard and you know it . How did you host before Airbnb or was it always Air? Did you renovate all the homes yourself or just update and add stuff. They look luxurious and appealing for sure and all look pretty new. you are obviously very entreprenuerial and thats your thing . I hope your success continues. my niche was always families coming to the local attractions wheras yours appear to be predicated on Cheskies OMG  motif.Views are different here and we are not getting them so I wonder where we all went . the prices that you charge are way above anything i would or could charge but i chugged along and seriously if people cannot or do not have the capacity to view then how can they book ./ I guess your beautiful listings fit some ; categories' some people actually would rather book my place than yours though , strange as it may seem to you but smaller less blingy places are being blocked from accessing views . Maybe you have an answer ? H

@Helen744  Your assessment of my business model could not be farther from the truth. I have been doing this since 2018, my 2 guesthouses are tiny in size, solo traveler focused and since COVID devoted  exclusively to the solo traveler remote worker/gig economy market.

Monthly Stay Places is what I have created and they were placed in the Monthly Stay Places platform of AirBnb and performed successfully there with 95% occupancy- until ABB removed the platform entirely Jan. 2022.

Since that event I have worked tirelessly to overcome this handicap and stay in business.

My places are totally not OMG!  And I have lobbied ABB and B. C. to restore the monthly stays platform because my position is that the vacation market will never return to former levels and my tiny places are only suitable for a single person and the market for places to live and work the  travel mobile world of post-covid is here to stay. And what that market needs most are places to stay.

My price is $57 per night with everything included and no cleaning fees or taxes. Basically cheaper than a motel flop house in my town. And I did all the work myself and I am 74 years old.

Susan

@Susan 990 I am not aware that I assessed your business model at all Susan. I dont think I have assessed anyones business model. @Richard531 Richard   just did mine , for which I am grateful and  I will be following along as soon as possible.I have only commented to agree with the plight many of us are feeling at loss of bookings , but I think the market is being flooded also with new hosts with multiple listings , but as Richard has remarked it may be time I took a more professional approach .Certainly where I am a few people have bought multiple houses and /or rented them and furnished them for Airbnb. Some are coming unstuck because they consider it a liscence to print money , and it is proving not to be the case.I am sure that what you offer remains relevant for those solitary travellers who need to work away from home. I guess that is what you advertise as but we are being swamped and i feel some areas ,  more than others are reaching saturation. My son for instance has to travel three days a week to a certain place for work but something like your places are not available, when of course they would be perfect sorry for any misunderstanding . I am in my sixties so I get it and admire you H