Warning Noticed Received, What do I do?

Laura5176
Level 2
New York, United States

Warning Noticed Received, What do I do?

Hi All,

I just had someone try to book (I have InstantBook, but just took it off), and this is the notice from Airbnb that I received..

This inquiry was blocked
Some inquiries have higher risks of parties, property damage, or safety issues. To help prevent issues like this, we look for patterns associated with them, like last-minute reservations for entire homes. This inquiry has some of these patterns, so it was automatically blocked.

The person reached out to me saying that they are being blocked from booking.  I responded that I received a notification from Airbnb and that it was blocked by them and not me.

What does this actually mean? Does this person have a negative history or it is because they just created a profile in 2022 and does not have any review?

Also, please let me know if you only get this type of warning if using InstantBook.

I am new to this... just a few months in.  I don't want to do anything wrong. 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Laura5176 

It was an inquiry ?

Then it is not a booking request and not related to Instant Book.

But if Airbnb algorithms decides to reject a guest to make a booking, better not accept the booking in another way.

It is probably all about the "No parties and events" restrictions:

Strengthening-our-safety-commitment-to-hosts

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Laura5176, @Emiel1 

A few days ago, I happened to go onto my website account and noticed a Request to Book.  I never got any notifications, text or email.  About 1.5 hours later the request was "cancelled by guest".

I immediately thought that since I hadn't received the notification and responded in a timely manner, that I had annoyed the potential booking.  So, I called CS and asked.  During the initial conversation, th CS rep couldn't explain, but would investigate further after her 2 days off.  AMAZINGLY!  The lady called me back maybe 10 minutes later and explained that there was a potential security risk with the cancelled booking.

If I hadn't asked (and pushed politely), I would never have known.  Knowing allows for comprehension and acceptance.