What about daytime visitors of registered abnb guest?

Kathie61
Level 2
KCMO, MO

What about daytime visitors of registered abnb guest?

I do not have a written policy about registered guests only in my property.  Maybe I should, but I figured that people are adults and are going to do what they want to do anyway.  I do say that if a guest spends the night, it is an additional $25 and they are limited to only one guest, unless permission given.  My new guest seems to be great, and she has several stunning reviews.  But she also has a boyfriend who apparently lives in the city where my abnb is located.  She works nights.  I believe the boyfriend and the guest are spending the days together.  (I'm the owner and I've been doing some work in the neighborhood, so I drive by every day.)  Other than a little more water for an extra shower, should I really be that concerned? Although I will say that I gave her a good discount caused she specifically said it was only her and no pets.  Thanks for your advice.

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kathie61 

Consider the insurance implications. Airbnb cover, which is maybe not worth the paper it is written on according to a lot of hosts here, but I had success the one time I claimed, will not be valid for damages or other incidents caused by unregistered people in the listing.

Apart from that, I personally view it as a basic courtesy that people let me know if they are going to have visitors over (that's why I state in my house rules that they need permission). I have a shared listing, where I also live, so maybe this doesn't apply to everyone, but when does one visitor as opposed to 50 and a full on party, become acceptable? 

Basically, what I am saying is that you need to know who is going to be in your listing and the guest who books needs to be respectful of that. I am very strict on this matter and guests who violate that rule will definitely hear from me about it.

Thank you for your perspective, @Huma0!

I have been blessed with wonderful guests and reviews! However, I had a guest mention the stairs' of my space being steep. They are.

That being said, she had some "day" visitors (not for very long)... BUT that she mentioned the stairs, AND then I think of all the visitors in the past years, of AirBNB guests... the ALARMS going off in my brain are hurting my head.

I will craft ANOTHER rule to help bolster various insurance policies (AirBNB as well as our farm and ranch with rental add). While keeping ALL of my guests (and occupants) as safe as possible is my main objective, I cannot anticipate everything.

Reading this thread is quite helpful! Thank you!