What gifts have you been given by Guest?

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

What gifts have you been given by Guest?

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 16.37.50.png

Lets post about the positive things in life and how we have enjoyed our journey with airbnb.

Have you had guest bring you gifts?

We have had quite a few over the years it is always a good feeling to feel appreciated,

We had a French family stay with us and they brought us 2 bottles of wine from their local region and one day they had a problem one of their daughters got bitten by a monkey late in the day he got worried and called us, what should they do I said give me 10 minutes I will be there and we will take you to the clinic this was now in the evening,  They was really great full we had helped them so quick he bought us another 2 bottles of wine,

A Russian family stayed with us for 2 weeks and they wanted to stay another week but we couldn't it was booked so they booked another villa nearby What they didn't realise the other villa they booked the check out time was 9 am and that owner wouldn't let them stay their flight was not until later that afternoon they messaged me asking what could they do, Okay my villa is empty that day tell me where you are staying I will pick you up and you can stay at my villa I didn't charge them, they needed to go at 3 pm to the airport when I came back to say goodbye they had bought us a bottle of Champagne not cheap in Thailand maybe $100  

We have had lots bring us chocolates, after shave and perfume 

Have a nice day everybody

26 Replies 26
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sudsrung0  Candles, handmade soaps, regional handicrafts, wine, taken me out for dinner. One Japanese guest brought ingredients to make a Japanese meal to share. 

Some guests have left me handmade thank you cards decorated with their own art. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977  a écrit :

Candles, handmade soaps, regional handicrafts, wine, taken me out for dinner. One Japanese guest brought ingredients to make a Japanese meal to share. 

Some guests have left me handmade thank you cards decorated with their own art. 

@Sarah977 How thoughtful - the homemade meal and the handmade things like the soaps and cards are particularly standing out to me. I imagine those were all guests you had good relationships with, right? Did you stay in touch with any of them over time?

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie  I've luckily had good relationships with all my guests. 🙂

Yes, I have loosely kept in touch with several past guests.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

A few times we have taken our guest for a couple of beers 

Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

A lovely bottle of wine and a plant, very appreciated.

yes,,,wine is a good potion

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Sudsrung0 @Dora486 

Laughter, Smiles and Hugs!!!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen427  a écrit :

Laughter, Smiles and Hugs!!!

@Helen427 You made my day 🤗 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

@Helen427   Priceless x

Joe2860
Level 2
Jasper, GA

I had a guest decorate my yard and trees with ladybugs 🐞 and fairies.  It was actually really well thought-out because the placements and volume of yard decorations were perfect.  Very thoughtful and looks great.  👍

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Joe2860  a écrit :

I had a guest decorate my yard and trees with ladybugs 🐞 and fairies.  It was actually really well thought-out because the placements and volume of yard decorations were perfect.  Very thoughtful and looks great.  👍

@Joe2860 How adorable, did you get some pictures? I imagine this was really magical but would love to see what the result looked like. 😍

-----

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

We have been gifted a couple of mugs from a Canadian guest and a lovely book of flora and fauna from an English guest.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 That's a great discussion, thanks for starting it! I'm French myself so very intrigued by those wine bottles those guests gave you. Do you remember which region they were from? I love how meaningful some of those gifts are. ☺️

-----

Im not an expert on wine I dont drink but my husband said it was good stuff, he would