What makes you most happy about hosting?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

What makes you most happy about hosting?

Hosting on Airbnb.jpg

Hi everyone!

As we dive into the month of August and celebrate Happiness month, it's a great time to reflect on our Hosts' Airbnb journey and hear what brings them joy while hosting. Hosting and hospitality is not just limited to providing a stay to the guests, but it also provides an avenue to create memorable experiences, building connections, and finding success and happiness in the little moments.

So I'd like to hear from our Hosts, what makes you happy the most when it comes to hosting? ๐Ÿ˜ We're curious to hear what brings you joy in your hosting journey! ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ˜ป

Best,
Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

36 Replies 36

We enjoy have tried to make our "Hidden Gem " a place where we welcome children and try to make it special for them and their parents while staying with us.  I enjoy giving the children an enjoyable stay with little extras. I have made these  teddy's for thel ittle girs who have returned for a second stay. AdobePhotoshopExpress_ead9e639d8644987b17835ec56b5b384_Edited.jpg

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Laurelle3 , do you mean you crafted/sew them yourselves????  That's such a beautiful gesture @Laurelle3 ๐Ÿ˜ The teddy bears look super cute and I'm sure the girls gonna admire them so much ๐Ÿป  I love how you've added a personal touch by adding their names. 

I'm always surprised by how much thought you put into welcoming your guests โ€” be it with the welcome baskets, welcome notes and these wonderful gifts ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

What has inspired you to continue working towards making your guests happy? ๐Ÿค—

-----

Hi there 

That is wonderful 

I love hosting people to bring the Joy of peaceful home.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

It's an amazing thought behind hosting guests @Silyvesta0 ๐Ÿ˜ 

Do you have any memorable guest interactions that you'd want to share with other Hosts? ๐Ÿ˜‰ We look forward to hearing your hosting story! ๐Ÿค—

-----

Jonathan2276
Level 1
Cebu City, Philippines

What makes me happy is the sense of fulfillment I get to provide the most comfortable stay that the guest can have. 

Their positive comments fuel me to do more!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jonathan2276 , That's such a beautiful thinking! ๐Ÿฅณ Positive comments definitely encourage and motivate us to continue doing our best , especially if they're coming from guests. ๐Ÿ˜

Do you recall a positive encounter with a guest that has made a lasting impression for you and help you thrive to do your best as a Host? ๐Ÿ˜‰

-----

Elena4354
Level 6
Porto, Portugal

@Bhumika , that's a great question ๐Ÿ˜Š.
Having been an Airbnb host for many years, I can say that my passion is to make my guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. They can live with home comfort while away from their homes and enjoy the beautiful places where my properties are located.
I have had so many great memories, funny and curious situations over the past 10 years that I always smile when I remember them.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Elena4354 , It sounds wonderful! I can totally read through your comment how much you value guests and share a a real passion for making your guests feel at home. 

๐Ÿ‘‰Do you have an unforgettable hosting story๐Ÿ‘ˆ that you'd like to share with other Hosts in the Community ๐Ÿ˜

-----

Shivin1
Level 1
Katrain, India

Hi Bhumika ,

I am glad that you asked this question.The best thing which like hosting is the friendship and interesting conversation.It give you certain amount of satisfaction when you hear good about your hosting and  your property .People come from different parts of the world  and I always try to give them the best experience of the stay and the place .

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful comment @Shivin1 ! I had a quick look at your listings, and the 100 year old heritage house looks beautiful ๐Ÿ˜ 

Do you follow any tips or tricks that help you with providing an excellent stay for guests? 

๐Ÿ‘‰Do you have an unforgettable hosting story๐Ÿ‘ˆ that you'd like to share with other Hosts in the Community ๐Ÿ˜

-----

Good one! Love this question! I think for us, has to be hearing how wonderful their stay was and how much they appreciated the little somethings we leave for them! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @TJ-AND-Nadine0 , I am loving how our Hosts are mentioning about providing a positive and memorable experience to guests ๐Ÿ˜

One of the experienced Hosts @Laurelle3 shared with us HERE, what she's doing for her repeat guests as a wonderful gesture. Do you have any special touches that you usually add for your guests?

-----

1. Seeing and hearing the excitement when a new guest arrives at one of our homes in Orlando!

2. Being in a position of solving people's concerns or problems, large or small. 

3. Receiving detailed and glowing comments in our guest's reviews of our properties.

4. Being a customer servant. Giving a high level of service.

These factors are all very satisfying as a host.

Wow @Kimberlee-And-Benjamin0 , you've added such amazing points on this topic ๐Ÿ˜ I guess many Hosts on this thread agree in providing a memorable stay for guests and helping them by solving problems as possible.  ๐ŸŽŠ 

-----

Such a great question. Just like another host responding this I have just recently started on this journey myself ( June 2024)

For me itโ€™s giving me an opportunity to connect with my mother ( whom helps me with this endeavor) in ways I had not before like we are partners on this adventure.

I am also pleased to see how many guests we have from out of country ( Our property is in Transilvania, Romania) and being able to share parts of the culture and the many wonderful things about our country. Seeing others enjoy this journey has been very fulfilling.

I have taken a lot more pride in my heritage and history and I hope the guests that enjoy our property leave with fond memories of Romanian hospitality.

Like others learning more about the stories of those that arrive is unique - children in town for a math competition,  a groups being a part of someoneโ€™s health journey and celebration, a recent mother bonding with her baby and husband, multigenerational families traveling and enjoying games together - it truly makes all the hard work worth it.

The BEST is always getting a genuine review and message from guests that cannot wait to return