What makes you most happy about hosting?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

What makes you most happy about hosting?

Hosting on Airbnb.jpg

Hi everyone!

As we dive into the month of August and celebrate Happiness month, it's a great time to reflect on our Hosts' Airbnb journey and hear what brings them joy while hosting. Hosting and hospitality is not just limited to providing a stay to the guests, but it also provides an avenue to create memorable experiences, building connections, and finding success and happiness in the little moments.

So I'd like to hear from our Hosts, what makes you happy the most when it comes to hosting? 😍 We're curious to hear what brings you joy in your hosting journey! 🌟😻

Best,
Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

36 Replies 36
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Raluca57 , Thanks so much for sharing more about this exciting hosting adventure ! It's inspiring to read how you and your mother work together like partners to bring a joyful stay for guests 😍 I love how you're so deeply connected with your culture and ensure your guests get to create fond memories under your hospitality 💝

How do you and your mother divide the responsibilities of hosting, and are there any particular cultural experiences or local attractions you make sure to highlight for your guests? 

👉Do you have an unforgettable hosting story👈 that you'd like to share with other Hosts in the Community 😍

-----

Hello Bhumika,

Our country is so beautiful and  features rich history and culture but unfortunately probably not the best at sharing it with the outside world.

I create and highlight many of the uniquely Romanian sites and activities in my profile guidebook and encourage guests to experience if they have the time.

I have always said my mom was the perfect host, if someone ever visited our home as a child they just had to stay a while, try one of her delicious recipes, leave with a treat and promise they will be back.

I manage all listings and communications on the platform , guide our guests during their travels and share details about our uniques area , once they reach the property they are in Mom’s territory.

She will treat everyone just like they are one of her kids, niece, nephew - in other words they are getting mothered ( but in a really fun way)

It’s really  neat to see her embrace this new stage in her life as she has recently retired and I feel this new purpose is giving her the best opportunity to be exactly whom our whole family knew she’s been all her life.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Simply beautiful @Raluca57 ! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your comment and it's amazing how you and your mother have effectively divided certain hosting tasks with each other. I am sure your mother's experience and hosting tips have had a huge part to play in your listing's success😍 Kudos and many congratulations to you both 💖

Did you guys ever had a unique or memorable guest interactions that still makes you smile and makes you feel proud, when thinking about it?

-----

Anna-Lisa15
Level 2
Barberino di Mugello, Italy

Ciao  

Mi rende felice poter conoscere nuove persone e renderle felici per la mia ospitalità  

[Translation added by Community Manager]

Hi,

It makes me happy to meet new people and make them happy with my hospitality.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Ciao @Anna-Lisa15 ,  grazie per aver condiviso cosa ti rende felice quando ospiti 🤗

👉 Hai una storia di ospitalità indimenticabile o interazioni con gli ospiti che ti hanno reso felice👈 che ti piacerebbe condividere con gli altri Host nella Community 😍?  Mi scuso se il mio italiano non è educato, sto usando google translate per risponderti.

[Translation]

Hi @Anna-Lisa15 , Thanks for sharing on what makes you happy when hosting 🤗 

👉Do you have an unforgettable hosting story or guest interactions that made you happy👈 that you'd like to share with other Hosts in the Community 😍 Apologies if my comment is not grammatically polite, I am using google translate to reply to you.😅

-----

Stephen1834
Level 1
Saxony-Anhalt, Germany

Please feel free too, everyones origin of joy with the memories that accompany it is as different and personal as each of us are.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much for sharing your comment @Stephen1834 ! In our conversation, you had mentioned about how your grandmother has inspired you throughout your hosting journey 😍🎉 Would you like to share more about it with other Hosts in the community?

We look forward to hear more about your journey! 🙂 

-----