What makes you most happy about hosting?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

What makes you most happy about hosting?

Hosting on Airbnb.jpg

Hi everyone!

As we dive into the month of August and celebrate Happiness month, it's a great time to reflect on our Hosts' Airbnb journey and hear what brings them joy while hosting. Hosting and hospitality is not just limited to providing a stay to the guests, but it also provides an avenue to create memorable experiences, building connections, and finding success and happiness in the little moments.

So I'd like to hear from our Hosts, what makes you happy the most when it comes to hosting? 😍 We're curious to hear what brings you joy in your hosting journey! 🌟😻

Best,
Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

73 Replies 73
Kenneth552
Level 2
Athens, GA

More than "making money" we have found that we are able to make a difference for the people coming to Athens.  Some have needed "little" beyond a light on at the door and a quiet place to rest between working hours.  Others have been new to our city, state and even country, and we have been willing to add some extras they might not have gotten any other way.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kenneth552 , It’s amazing to hear that you’re focused on making a difference for your guests beyond just earning as a Host.

Looks like you've received guests that come from all walks of life — be it family travel, work travel or tourism. 

Do you have any memorable guest interactions that left a lasting impression? Would you like to 👉share your unforgettable hosting stories!👈  with the Community?

-----

Shabeen0
Level 2
Richmond, VA

Hi there!

I'm just starting my journey as a host with Airbnb. I wanted to become a host because I wanted to provide a safe and relaxing space for my guests. I think about the type of space I want to be in when visiting a new city or when going on vacation. I've come to realize that hotels often lack the amenities and space that is desired by travelers. They charge a large fee for an uncomfortable bed and cramped space. I want to make sure my home provides all the things my guests would need to feel comfortable. If I can play a small part in making their stay enjoyable, then that makes me happy. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Shabeen0 , Congratulations on starting your hosting journey? 🎉  It sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into creating a comfortable and welcoming space for your guests😍

Have you made sure to provide certain amenities in the listing based on your own travel and guest experiences?

-----

Abdou65
Level 2
Marrakesh, Morocco

As a host, what makes me happiest is seeing my guests leave with a smile as big as someone who’s just discovered there's still chocolate in the cupboard. I love the warm interactions and the conversations where I share my best local tips, almost like an amateur tour guide but with more coffee. And of course, receiving positive feedback feels like getting a standing ovation after a performance, even though I didn’t actually put on a show… well, unless you count my breakfast chef skills! 😜😄

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Haha @Abdou65 , what a lovely comment!  I love how you’ve described the joy of hosting 😍

Do you have a favorite local tip or spot that you often recommend your guests? I’d love to hear more about how you bring that amateur tour guide spirit to life! 

Do you offer breakfast options to the guests as well? 😉

Would you like to 👉share your unforgettable hosting stories!👈  with the Community?

-----

Asad-R0
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

When it comes to hosting on Airbnb, the most satisfying aspect is the opportunity to create memorable experiences for guests. Whether it’s through personalized touches, thoughtful amenities, or simply seeing guests enjoy the space, the joy comes from knowing that you’ve contributed to someone else’s positive experience. The connections made with people from around the world and the positive reviews that reflect your efforts can also be incredibly rewarding.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Asad-R0 , very well said! How do you usually welcome your guests? Do you welcome them through personalized welcome notes? What kind of unique amenities do you usually offer in the listing?

-----

Beverly279
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

Hi! I enjoy creating a peaceful and happy experience for my guests 

Beverly

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That's wonderful @Beverly279 ! 🌻 How do you create a unique experience for guests? Do you offer them welcome snacks or a welcome note? 

Do you have any tips for new Hosts to help them create happy guest experience? 🌻

Would you like to 👉share your unforgettable hosting stories!👈  with the Community?

-----

Amy2954
Level 2
Leicester, United Kingdom

Hi Bhumika! Hello community!

My husband and I get a lot of satisfaction providing a great offering for all our guests and continuing to improve our offering. It’s really enjoyable to get good feedback and learn from the things that as hosts we can do better! 

We’ve had our place on  airbnb for more than 2.5 years and it’s gone from strength to strength and a lot of the reasons for this was because we received such helpful feedback from our guests.

This year we were absolutely thrilled to have many return stayers. It’s really nice to know that others see our place as a home away from home. Such a lovely feeling isn’t it to hear such lovely comments. 

Actually we were touched when a recent guest gifted us a box of chocolates to thank us for such a lovely stay. It brought such a smile to my face when I opened the door to do the changeover.

Have enjoyed reading some of the other stories from hosts in the community. Take care all

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Amy2954 , Such a lovely comment 😍  Do your guests often share feedback about their stay at your listing? What sort of feedback do they usually share? Which are the main attraction points of your hospitality, that they totally appreciate? 🌻

It's really wonderful you're having many return guests? Do you often offer them custom discounts? 

-----

Amy2954
Level 2
Leicester, United Kingdom

Yes we regularly gather feedback from our guests. It’s awesome because we can get to hear about what is good or not. Listening to the voices of others gives us an opportunity to make our offering even better.

Often it’s the little touches, such as the well stock kitchen, the cookies and wine. Guests appreciate the cleanliness and washroom extras, something as simple as a spare toothbrush. 

Our rates are most competitive and we offer long stay discounts as standard. So our returning guests are comfortable to book again with us.

Helping people in need find housing!! One of the most fundamental of our human needs and rights!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing @Alexander1702 ! Have you had any unique experiences or challenges with guests? How do you deal with such hosting challenges and guest needs? 

-----