What makes your Airbnb stand out from the crowd?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

What makes your Airbnb stand out from the crowd?

PJMPHOTO19Q148_SNYA72_1107.jpg

What makes your Airbnb shine brighter than the rest? 🌟 

Whether it's a breathtaking view, personalised recommendations, or charming decor like this living wall, I'd love to hear all about it! 😍🏞

Share with the Community Center the unique features, special touches, or amazing experiences that make your listing stand out from the crowd.

Share your Airbnb's wow factor in the comments below. 👇🤩

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

47 Replies 47
Lisa8872
Level 2
Dundee City Council, United Kingdom

Hi Rebecca,  our apartment with Sea and Mountain View’s, hearing the waves from the balcony and offering guests a comfortable bed to sleep in and a kitchen with all the utensils to cook up a nice meal after a day of exploring the area or relaxing by the pool! 😎

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Waves from the balcony is the best sound @Lisa8872 and how lovely you've got the best of 2 very different settings - mountains and the sea! 😍

It's sounds wonderful and thank you so much for popping by and sharing! You can add some pics here too if you like! 📸

-----

Lisa8872
Level 2
Dundee City Council, United Kingdom

IMG_9158.jpeg

IMG_9159.jpeg

IMG_8801.jpeg

IMG_9157.jpeg

IMG_9160.jpeg

IMG_9156.jpeg

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh my goodness @Lisa8872 😱 What a beautiful view!! Do you get visit your listing often?

Thank you so much for sharing! 

-----

Lenicia1
Level 2
San Marcos, TX

Hi Rebecca,

There are quite a few things which I think are very important in order to make our little place stand out.  Some of the criteria are things I have ensured due to my experiences as a traveller to other airbnbs and making note of what I felt was missing.  Some of the criteria has come from guest feedback, which I proactively elicit.  My past guests have given some wonderful ideas for ways to make the space just one nuance closer to perfect!

1. Cleanliness is always first! We are meticulous about making sure not only the obvious areas are clean, but that drawers, shelves, and underneath and behind items are checked frequently. We believe it should not just be clean, but it should sparkle. We take curtains down and wash them quarterly and continuously check make sure the tops of picture frames and door jams are dusted.
  2. Comfortable Sleeping is also a high priority! 100% cotton sheets and an excellent mattress are a must. We also have a change of sheets, extra blankets, and extra pillows (of a different thickness) stored in drawers under the bed - all of which are high quality. Also, plenty of bathroom towels, and kitchen towels all of high quality cotton.
  3. Clear instructions and information for navigating the space and getting the most out of what it has to offer is important to us.  I have a thin binder with helpful information about little things you might not notice, but might need to know. I also have discreet labels on lights switches where there are multiple, so guests immediately know which one to flip for their needs.
  4. Good Coffee and other provisions - We always have good coffee and sugar in the cupboard and an unopened pint of half and half in the fridge. I do this because I LOVE my cup of coffee in the morning, however it is dead to me if I don't have cream and sugar. So, if I show up late in the evening to an airbnb and they are kind enough to have coffee....I still have to leave and go to the store to get cream before I can enjoy a cup.  That is a big deal for me.  In my perfect world, I can at least have one cup of coffee (the way I like it) BEFORE I have to leave my vacation spot to shop for food.  Even though I know not everyone drinks coffee, nor does everyone take cream or sugar - I make sure they have those three items no matter what.  I also always leave a few water bottles in the fridge and a bowl of fresh fruit on the counter.  If we can provide guests a couple provisions like this upon their arrival so they can "make it "until they are ready to head out for the day, I think it is worthwhile. My guests do, too.
  5. Fully-equipped kitchen - while we do not boast a "chef's kitchen", we do have EVERYTHING you would need to cook and serve meals. Pots, pans, measuring cups, oven mits, cutting boards, plenty of cooking utensils, cutlery, placemats, cloth napkins, basic spices, and cooking oils.  This matters to about 60% of our guests, as some guests hardly cook at all during their stay. However, those that do are always appreciative that they have everything they need to do so.
  6. Little extras - these items just make guests feel truly welcome, comfortable, and like their needs have been anticipated:
    1. fresh flowers
    2. individually wrapped toiletries in case they forgot something; toothbrushes, mouthwash, make-up remover pads, Q-tips, cotton balls, etc.
    3. BBQ utensils, lighter fluid, and charcoal for outdoor grill, and extra folding chairs for outdoor table
    4. Portable bluetooth speaker for indoor/outdoor use
    5. USB ports in sidetable lamp bases
    6. Desk area equipped with pens, scissors, paper, envelopes, sticky notes, stapler, tape, and a good desk lamp.
    7. alarm clock
    8. iron, ironing board, lint roller, blow dryer
    9. handmade guide book for our town with recommendations for everything from vets, emergency medical clinics, nature trails, fine dining, to special events and local hotspots.
  7. Suitcase stands with attached laundry bags for 2 suitcases in the large closet, which also has clothes hangers, a mirror, hooks for hats and coats, and good lighting. We think this is important to making guests comfortable because of how many times we have arrived at an Airbnb and there is nowhere but the floor to put our suitcases or clothes, which end up just being a big messy pile on the floor.
  8. BedroomBedroomWalk-in ClosetWalk-in ClosetLiving/Office AreaLiving/Office AreaOutdoor patioOutdoor patioOutdoor patio sitting areaOutdoor patio sitting areaTechnology -
    1. Our space has a large wall-mounted smart TV which can pivot for viewing from the bed or the couch
    2. High speed internet
    3. Portable bluetooth indoor/outdoor bluetooth speaker
  9. Private outdoor space - we think that having a quiet outdoor area where you can get a breath of fresh air, drink your coffee, read, surf the internet - in your pajamas is a wonderful thing when we are on vacation, so we fully enclosed the back patio space with a privacy fence.  There is plenty of shade, a place to sit and relax, and a hummingbird feeder during the spring.
  10. Welcoming Pets - we want guests to be able to bring their furry family members.  We provide extra "dog towels" in case its wet or raining outside, dog treats, an extra leash, food bowls, and "poop bags", in addition to the use of the fully enclosed outdoor space.  Pets are very important family members to many of our guests.  This is how we feel about our own pets.  We have designed the space so that it is easy to clean and "air-out", even after pets visit. (We also have a few little rules, like no pet bathing in the bathtub).  While we want guests with pets to feel welcome, we also want NON-PET-OWNING guests to know they can count on a clean, fresh, lint and fur-free space for their vacation.
  11. Parking, safety, and smoking - We provide free parking directly in front of the airbnb for up to 2 cars, we have safety lighting, and we allow smoking and vaping in the outdoor patio (only). So there is no smoking inside, but we welcome our guests to do so outside.
  12. Host availability - we live next door to the airbnb, so while we offer keyless entry and a completely contactless experience, we are immediately available if our guests need anything or have any questions or concerns.

These are the things we think are special about our place, and our guests consistently comment positively on several of them in each review. All of which, so far, have been 5 stars.  This is what has worked for us.  Our place is relatively small in a river/college town with lots of competition.  These are our ideas for standing out.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lenicia1 👋

Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations on 5  reviews so far! Keep up the amazing work! 

-----

Thank you, Rebecca! We have so much fun with Airbnb hosting!

Clydeishia0
Level 1
Bahamas, The Bahamas

Clean, spacious and welcoming spaces make an airbnb stand out

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Clydeishia0 👋

That's great to hear. Does your listing provide all of these things? 😊

-----

Oh yes of course Ms Rebecca. My Airbnb is located in beautiful Freeport,  Grand Bahama, Bahamas close to Downtown Freeport. If you visit during New Year's you can walk to the Junkanoo festivities. 

C'est un appartement très lumineux , tout le 1er étage d'une maison, dans un quartier très calme et pourtant à 5mn en auto de Disney et à 30 mn environ de PARIS.

Il a l'avantage d'avoir été entièrement rénové , mobilier , cuisine , WC et électroménager sont neufs .

Il est sur Airbnb depuis 1 mois pour un prix modique.

Google Translation added by Community Manager - 

It is a very bright apartment, the entire 1st floor of a house, in a very quiet area and yet 5 minutes by car from Disney and about 30 minutes from PARIS.

It has the advantage of having been completely renovated, furniture, kitchen, WC and household appliances are new.

It has been on Airbnb for 1 month for a low price.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center!

Thank you so much for popping by and sharing! Have you got many bookings so far with the summer holidays and Olympics coming up? 😊

-----

My Airbnb stands out from the crowd due to its unique combination of [insert unique features here, e.g., "luxurious amenities, a prime location with stunning views, and personalized touches like a welcome basket and local guidebook"]. Additionally, I ensure exceptional hospitality by maintaining a spotless, comfortable space and being readily available to assist guests with any needs or questions, which has earned me consistent five-star reviews and a Superhost status.

Brian-Sean0
Level 2
Harrogate, United Kingdom

A sea view to die for!

On a clear day you can see Africa from the terrace

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Wow @Brian-Sean0, this sounds incredible! Do you have any pictures of this view? Our wonderful Host community would be thrilled to see them 😍

Looking forward to your response 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad