When should I contact AirBnB for more support?

Melva9
Level 1
Hanover, WV

When should I contact AirBnB for more support?

I messaged my host over an hour ago to ask if he could fix the internet in the apartment I’m renting. I also have had issues overnight with the door to the apartment blowing open in the wind despite it being dead bolted. I asked him to fix both. WiFi was advertised in the listing and I’m traveling for school so it’s necessary but I’m most concerned about the door as this is a safety issue. How long should I wait for a response before I contact AirBnB?

2 Replies 2

@Melva9 I would give the host a few hours to respond - perhaps until the close of business hours wherever you are visiting. If you've exhausted all of your contact options and still can't reach your host, you'll have to decide whether you want to continue your stay despite the issues, or terminate the booking and find somewhere else to stay tonight.

If the latter is your choice, contact Airbnb to initiate the process of getting your refund. Otherwise, there's nothing that someone in a call center can realistically do for you. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Melva9 The host’s phone number should be visible in your itinerary. Try calling if you haven’t already.