Which topics would you like to see more of this coming year?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Which topics would you like to see more of this coming year?

Coffee and notebook .jpg

We’re fully into January 2024 now and for a lot of people it’s a time to reflect on the past year but to also make plans for this coming year, and the Community Center is no exception so we want to hear from you about the topics you would like to see more of. 

Your journeys and experiences are invaluable in shaping our content and ensuring that we provide you with the information and resources you need. Whether it's hosting tips, guest experiences, sustainability initiatives, or any other subject you're passionate about, we want to know what topics you're most interested in exploring and discussing in 2024. 

Help us make Airbnb even more valuable to you by voting for your favourite topics you would like to see more of. Don’t see an option you like? Add one in the comments below!

Let's make the year ahead full of engaging and insightful discussions!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

18 Replies 18

@Till-and-Jutta0 yes I  agree with you.

Sustainability has become a New way of Life for some.

Others have adopted this and others have been living this all their life.

What we are all trying to save our planet some more than others.

It would be great if Airbnb had a Sustainable badge for the New Year

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

It would be appreciated if ABB Community Centre reviewed all the words that we are forbidden using for reasons beyond comprehension how they such  came to such decisions, having to write  'back     end'  systems or 'rear    end' systems with spaces between them when trying to seek assistance with IT / AI matters, not been able to use 'pin' spelt the opposite way when referring to preventing an occurrence of an indiscretion etc,  has left some of us lost for words what has happened to common sense.

We would also like to see much more transparency with viewing statistics for each topic, who has liked various posts and the return to non  discriminatory practices within this community.

Who decides and under what circumstances are people permanently banned both here in the CC and with ABB without open discussion and Review rights?

It's like telling a person that there Dog must wear a muzzle for life without ever taking it off to live life when accusations/ allegations have been made.

We would also like to see ABB Executives come in here and apologies and fix up the messes that have been created in the last couple of years with Verification/ Identification and Payment systems because enough is enough.

Thanks @Rebecca 
@Brian 

@Catherine-Powell 

100% what are airbnb plans to improve customer service. I started to stumble upon some reps who just closed the case without a solution or any comment. Just close the case 🙂 I am really curious what is on their mind 🙂

Jennifer311
Level 5
Port Washington, NY

i’d like to hear detailed specific strategies communities have used to help keep AirBnB allowable when the discussions come up about banning it.

in our case, another host and I, both of us seniors, went to town board meetings.

we explained that our guests are not people coming out looking to have a party, but that they are often people who  have ties to the local community:

visiting somebody in the hospital or a young adult starting an internship, a local medical student, somebody moving to the area, househunting, etc.

they support local businesses, & are supervised in a sense because they’re renting a private room in a family home.

There’s no drain on the school system - it’s just people who need a place to sleep when they’re not at work or in the hospital, etc. 

Our community claims to care about their seniors helping them age in place.

we told the town board hosting needs to be continued to be allowed so that we can hang onto our homes and not be forced out because of the high taxes. We had one local guest call in during the meeting talking about how we helped her when she was in a very bad domestic situation &  needed to suddenly leave. She was an area resident who needed a fresh start until she could get her own apartment. 

I would be interested in hearing what others have done in case this subject comes up again in my area and variably. This will help others who might be facing the same challenge.