Who agrees? Hosts? Re: guest numbers and inbox templates.

Jacqueline239
Level 1
Echuca, Australia

Who agrees? Hosts? Re: guest numbers and inbox templates.

Dear Airbnb

It would be valuable to hosts if Airbnb insisted on guests being exact about their guest numbers at booking stage.

Fees often are increased with guest numbers added and hosts are often lumbered with the job of updating numbers and prices when it’s the guests duty to be honest about guest numbers in the first place.

Time is precious. Mistakes are unnecessary and sometimes dishonest as guests like to pretend they “didn’t see” the extra guest pricing structure so didn’t update their accurate numbers. 

No one likes to have to hassle the support team with these tricky issues so to make it easier, a gentle reminder from Airbnb to guests before they book on the importance of honestly with guest numbers to save THEM time and stress when extra guest fees are asked for after booking confirmation. And to reduce hassle for hosts.

I also think the “key” icon at the bottom of message area that had self check in instructions link was incredibly useful and should be bought back. It’s gone missing for me.

On that note, the “response templates” in the inbox area is fabulously useful for hosts - but is limited.....

You have to scroll down to get to some templates because they aren’t collapsible - it’s all just miles of text which is timely to scroll through when you have multiple properties and multiple quick-find templates to store.

I’d like to access template responses quickly and by glancing at a list of titles and click a + button to collapse text and edit and send.

Airbnb’s info Templates area deserve a whole design rehash to make it easier for hosts to edit them and click quickly when inboxing guests (so we can get back to the job of hosting and cleaning properly and not spending hours trying to edit and find template responses.)

Air bnb has by far the best and most user friendly app experience for hosts.

You pave the way in accom and make the other apps and booking platforms look amateur. Congrats!

With a few tweaks for smoother inbox communication and one click efficiency with templates it would be brilliant and give hosts back so much precious time.

Thankyou Airbnb.
Keep up the fab work y’all

3 Replies 3
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Jacqueline239 & welcome to ABB CC from across the Tasman Sea from a fellow Host in Auckland, New Zealand

You have raised some very useful points in relation to the number of Guests and filling out documents prior to arrival and check-in that I hope others also provide feedback on.

Most importantly you mention words like 'Honesty" it wouldn't go astray if all Guests are reminded to tick the correct number of people planning to stay.

As a Host who has a single bed only for one Guests I randomly get people still trying it on wanting to have 2 people despite the fact my listing specifically states 1 person only.

All the Best

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland, NZ

The number of guests... @Helen427  - Can I ask you to help me - are children up 2 years old considered in the number of guests? In the past hosts were able to add one more guest in case the number of booked guests is different - now we have to ASK the guest to AGREE to pay for the surplus guest he either by mistake or on purpose did not add and pay.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Good question @Lilly28 @Jacqueline239 re number of children.

Very wrong that it's left to Hosts to have to ask for money, it should be included in standard processes.