Worried my listing is fake

Robert5942
Level 1
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Worried my listing is fake

40431698-584F-4099-81AE-22E0D1AB8046.jpeg

 A few months back I’d booked a stay at an apartment in Madrid for July, it’s a trip my girlfriend and I had planned since 2020 but obviously couldn’t go due to restrictions. I booked this apartment with it only having 7 reviews from 2020, so I thought maybe in the coming months they’d get more but it hasn’t. The host seems legit but this flat isn’t on any of his listings anymore and the apartment hasn’t got any available dates at all. Should I be worried? 

5 Replies 5
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Robert5942 

I'm confused when you say the apartment isn't on any of his listings anymore. What do you mean by that? Do you mean it's no longer on his profile? Can you still access the listing from your booking, or has it disappeared from the site completely? If the latter, are you sure your listing hasn't been cancelled? What about his other listings? Have they had more bookings/reviews?

Have you tried messaging the host just to check that your booking still stands? 

If you are truly concerned, I would contact Airbnb about it. It's difficult to give much advice here without more details.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Robert5942  Yes, confusing. If the apartment isn't listed anymore, how are you able to see a calendar for it with no available dates? Did you find this place originally on the Airbnb site, or through another site? Have you tried to communicate with the host?

Robert5942
Level 1
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Sorry I should’ve made it clearer. The listing is still in my trips so it’s not cancelled, I’m just confused why when I click on the host it’s not in his current listings

@Robert5942  You didn't answer any of the questions I asked you, which would have made it easier to advise you. Hard to give on-point advice when people don't make anything clear.

As I said, message the host. There's no sense in speculating when you can actually communicate. If the host doesn't respond, or something sounds suspicious, come back here to ask for advice, or contact Airbnb CS.

@Robert5942 

When a host snoozes a listing, it is still available (as normal) to booked guests but not available in search results or on the host's profile page. Sounds like the listing has been snoozed. But that doesn't mean the host has abandoned your booking. Message the host. Depending on the response, or lack thereof, go from there.