account may get deactivated....

Christine1759
Level 2
Lawrenceville, GA

account may get deactivated....

hello all. i have 89 perfect host reviews. it only takes one unhappy-in-life guest to ruin all that. this guest had a 3 night reservation. she stayed overnight the first night, then not the second. day 1 she left the gate open.i messaged her & asked her to please remember to close it after going thru it. no response. so it was the no response & that she didn't come back that night that made me peek into the room. well, she must've had a camera & messaged me asking 'is everything ok?' she told me she saw me look into the room. when she wrote her review, of ocurse she included that. now i've had 4 more booking since then, & i didn't think i needed to worry about it again, until i got a call yesterday from airbnb that they're 'investigating' the review,which may lead to deactivation. in her review she said i didn't respond to HER messages, which is clearly not true....airbnb can see the message thread! when i told her why i looked into the room, she responded that the gate issue 'didn't require a response'. how rude. simple courtesy to close a gate behind you is a life courtesy, not just an airbnb courtesy!

wondering if i am deactivated,is there a waiting period until it ends;or is it forever? anyone know?

has anyone had a similar issue? if anyone was going to have a camera,it was this one. she had great reviews, but a red flag for me...and i should've followed my instincts....was her reviews were all from local hosts....all within the same area....but in her 'intro' she said she was looking for a 'place to land weekly'....i knew she would've be happy with me,since she hasn't found that place to land yet. my gut told me to decline, but i didn't  & now i may be paying for it....

2 Replies 2
Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Christine1759 I think you could have waited to see her in person to speak about the gate. Everyone makes mistakes. I think it is a bit much to message someone about closing a gate and expect an immediate response. Peeking into her room for no good reason is wrong and creepy you should never do that to a guest unless it is an emergency or there are no other options.

I would be just as upset if a host was peeking into my room if I was there or not it is a violation of privacy.

Jorge
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christine1759  Sorry, but peeking in the guest space when they aren't home is disrespectful, an invasion of the guest's privacy. If you wanted to know if she had packed up and left, you could have messaged her to ask.

And a message asking to please remember to close the gate, while many people would take a few seconds to respond with "Oh, sorry I'll keep it in mind", doesn't really require an answer.

It's hard to say how long Airbnb will keep a suspension on your account, hopefully not too long.