add second guest that only stays for a few days

Jürg191
Level 2
Bern, CH

add second guest that only stays for a few days

Hello everyone

I have the following situation: I will be in rome from the 2nd of february to the 23rd of february for professional reasons. so I booked an AirBnB-Room for that time. But as my wifes birthday is in february, she decided to join for a few days (2nd to 6th). now, I could of course request my host to change the booking to two people. but that would do it for the whole booking. is there any way to just ad a guest for a part of the stay?

best wishes

Juerg

7 Replies 7
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jürg191 does the hosT to allow two people to stay? Does the host charge for the additional person?

she does and yes, she charges pretty much double. which would be fine for those few days, but I really dont want to pay double for the whole stay. 

I decided to send her a request to change the booking to start on the 6th and if she accepts it, I will do another booking for both of us for the first few days. maybe even at the same place. I guess that is one way to work around it

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jürg191 The host can just send you a payment request for the amount you actually owE. I think you’re making things a little too complicated. Just be upfront with the host and see what they recommend.

ah ok. well either way, I did send her a message explaining the situation

Ohmela0
Level 1
Apopka, FL

My guest mentioned he might have his wife and children come down on the weekend. The room is made for 2 people but I have gave an option to have one more guy at for a fee. How does this work? 

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hi

The host can calculate a pro-rate amount for the days there are 2 guests and send you a payment request.

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

pro-rata