@airbnbhelp Airbnb case manager never care about host.

@airbnbhelp Airbnb case manager never care about host.

I am a host in Sydney,  I don’t know how to express what I feel about the Airbnb case manager service, but he just tried to make the things worst.

When guests checking in(16th), they found the listing was power outage, It may caused by the bad weather recently, so many properties were affected. I talked with the guest about this situation and told him I can help to find another listing and make a full refund to guest, it was 4pm (16th), he has enough time to move and there are over 50 listings in cheap price and nearby. Guest refused and says he is ok with the dark, he does not want to move.
On the 2nd day, he told me he needs me to give a full refund because there is no power. I asked if he already left my listing, he said no, he will continue the stay. I can not handle this situation, so I involved Airbnb, there is a senior manager, named Ad***, maybe just a nickname, Airbnb never let us find the case manager.

Anyway, she made things become a disaster.
She told me she will find a place for guests to stay and due to the policy, I have to refund guest half of the accommodate fees because there is no power. I explained to whole things that guest did not allow me to help to change a room and he refused all my suggestions. Anyway, I just want to solve this problem asap, so I allow to refund apart of fees and guest check out on 17th afternoon.
Later I asked if there is any update, Ad*** told me it is too late (5 pm,17th) for guests to find a new place, so they will keep staying in my apartment one more night, and I still need to refund half fee of the 2nd night.
I questioned this, because I searched the nearby listings, there are so many listings available at a cheaper price. Airbnb said they can not contact the host, I tried to send a message to 2 hosts, they all respond very quickly. After I told the case manager Ad***, she changes her words, says the guest is elder, they are not able to move the luggage out my apartment, then I asked if they could move the luggage in, why they could not move it out? it is an apartment with a lift, no even 1 stair.

The case manager says:"you don't want to cooperate now?"

During the whole conversation, this case manager did not ever say "thank you" for all my help or even "I understand your situation". Very rude and only ask me to consider the guest. She is just asking me to do this and that and everything she wants.
I told her what I need is to solve the problem, why she forces me to think about that guest is unhappy, guest is helpless.... I am the one helpless too. I am not the person to make the power outage, I am the one affected by this problem, too.
Then she never answers me, only an auto message to let me leave feedback in Airbnb. https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback
That is ridiculous.

It is 18th 6pm now, over 24 hours they still not solve the problem. The case manager never replies or updates how things going on now. Guest still inside my listing and he does not allow any of the technicians to get into the room and check the problem. He does not check out, still, ask for full refund. I called airbnb, they said there is already one case manager involved, so I can only wait for her response.

Her response? "you don't want to cooperate now?"
What a joke!
Bye-bye Airbnb, none of your senior managers been trained before talking with guest?

0 Replies 0