Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

all night parties in villa next door renting through Air B&B

Answered!
Kenneth385
Level 1
Belgaum, India

all night parties in villa next door renting through Air B&B

The Dreams Villa in Tenerife is next door to me is a AirBnB host but will not ask her guests to respect other owners in the complex. We have just had three weeks of hell with three differnt sets of Holiday makers and no sleep at all. Please can someone help it is afecting my mental health

Top Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kenneth385 

You have all of the options suggested above but, if you have not done so already, I would first contact the host. You say that she will not ask her guests to respect the other owners, but I don't know if that's because you've already tried speaking to her or you are making an assumption. If it's the latter, do try to contact her as she may not be aware that her guests are causing such disturbance. If you can find the listing on Airbnb, you can also check if the rules state anything about noise levels/parties, which they might.

If you have already tried all of that and she is not helpful, then I would report it to Airbnb/take the other measures mentioned above.

4 Replies 4
Johanna394
Level 10
Tampere, Finland

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. What are the noise regulations where you live? Can you complain to your local council?

2. Have you contacted the host via their listing?

3. have you contacted the management company for your building?

4. have you reported to Airbnb 

@Kenneth385 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kenneth385 

You have all of the options suggested above but, if you have not done so already, I would first contact the host. You say that she will not ask her guests to respect the other owners, but I don't know if that's because you've already tried speaking to her or you are making an assumption. If it's the latter, do try to contact her as she may not be aware that her guests are causing such disturbance. If you can find the listing on Airbnb, you can also check if the rules state anything about noise levels/parties, which they might.

If you have already tried all of that and she is not helpful, then I would report it to Airbnb/take the other measures mentioned above.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

I'm sorry to hear about this @Kenneth385 - Airbnb has had a global ban on parties for a couple of years now so this shouldn't be happening.  

The Party and Events policy is here and you can seek help through Neighborhood Support here as well.

I hope you manage to get it sorted out.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines