android app

Eli84
Level 2
Jerusalem, Israel

android app

Has anyone encountered a situation where the Airbnb app (android) does not sync(no updates in the calendar and inbox)? 

The only solution is to uninstall and then reinstall the app. Then after a day or two it happens again. 

The website is fine on a PC and up to date. But I am not in front of a computer all day.

Of course as @Kurt-And-Summyr0  mentioned the support is horrible and is busy asking me trivial questions such as "have you reinstalled the app?", "maybe just use your PC", and so on. They even claimed that this is impossible and I should prove it by comparing 2 screenshots (app and PC). 

Even if this issue id due to my phone settings somehow (I really doubt it) I would expect Airbnb support to assist anyway.

So, has anyone here ever seen this?

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Eli84It's not your phone settings, there have been Global Internet networking system outages all over the world/

Some of these are directly related to Microsoft and there annual kicking people off previously functioning sysytems bc they want to sell the latest Mobile Phone device.

Please see my other post on this today.

All the best and let's hope instead of Tech giants been so Anti- Competitive they instead start to put themselves in other people's shoes.

The world is about all people, not just the elitists

Hi Kat, I understand how frustrating this situation can be. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Clear Google Play Store Cache and Data:

• Go to Settings on your phone.
    • Select Apps or Application Manager.
    • Scroll down and tap Google Play Store.
    • Tap Storage, then Clear Cache and Clear Data.
  2. Check for System Updates:

• Go to Settings.
    • Scroll down and select System or Software Update.
    • Tap Check for Updates and install any available updates.
  3. <a href="https://mbwa.app/fr/">Download APK</a> from a Trusted Source:

• You can download the Airbnb app's APK file from a trusted site like APKMirror.
    • Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources.
    • Download the APK file using your phone’s browser.
    • Open the downloaded file and install the app.