changing listing admin details

Rino26
Level 2
Čavle, Croatia

changing listing admin details

Can I, as listing admin/primary host, change my details. name, date of birth and e-mail? I didn't go thrue KYC yet.

The goal is to make my son, who is a co-host, became listing admin because apartment was legally transferred to him and he would also resume all the work with AirBnB renting. I don't mind him inheriting my account on AirBnB. He off course has to delete his account before this, but will the system allow for this change?

I for example made a test, my son changed his email on his profile page and I then tried to change my email to his old email and the system gives error saying that email I try to change to was recently used by another user :-(.

8 Replies 8
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Rino26 You cannot do this. He can remain as a cohost and he can continue to manage your listing but you still show as primary host. Or he has to create his own listing for the address under his account.  

Rino26
Level 2
Čavle, Croatia

but why wouldn't I be able to do this when the option for editing mentioned data is available on the account?

the last option that you mention is not acceptable cos that means loosing all the great reviews and superhost status that we tried very hard to get.

It's not really fair that we can't change listing admin if the existing one (myself) is willing to transfer the account to someone else (my son).

Rino26
Level 2
Čavle, Croatia

also I would like to add, I somewhat understand the policy of AirBnB behind not allowing admin change cos of fear of reselling accounts etc, BUT, why at least not make it possible for changing admin inside close family (son-father, sister-brother, husband-wife...).

You make all people go thru KYC, so they prove relationship and done, all works out. I really don't understand...

What happens when listing admin passes away? people supposed to create new listing and start from scratch :-(.

I can see a lot written about that for the past 5 years here on the forum, and still no change.

c'mon AirBnB do something about this, please.

at least confirm for me that I'm allowed to change my name and date of birth to my sons, he'll go thru KYC after that, and we can move on...

regards.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rino26  "

c'mon AirBnB do something about this, please.

at least confirm for me that I'm allowed to change my name and date of birth to my sons, he'll go thru KYC after that, and we can move on..

regards."

You aren't talking to anyone from customer service here- this is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests. 

As others have said, what you want to do isn't possible. You can't change the name and date of birth on an account- accounts are personal. 

Why not just give access to your account, as is, to your son? You can change the payout destination to his bank.

Rino26
Level 2
Čavle, Croatia

I wasn't aware that AirBnB doesn't have it's representative here on the boards. strange :-(.

Why can't we change name/date of birth/email if the account has edit option? As I said, I didn't go thru KYC yet, so we could change these, he goes thru KYC and everyone is happy.

I've seen some people mentioned doing this but never commented later on so I'm trying to find out.

regards

@Rino26  I have no idea what KYC means. I thought I explained- you can't change the name and birth date of the account because accounts are personal. It's like wanting to change the name and birth date on your driver's licence to someone else's.

You can change the email address and phone number, but not if that email address is linked to another account.

Rino26
Level 2
Čavle, Croatia

KYC = know your customer, sending ID/passport or similar in, so they vet you.

they are already asking for this. can't receive payment without going thru it AFAIK.

@Rino26  Thanks for that explanation. There are different payout requirements iin different areas of the world, I guess.