confirming my phone number

Neil538
Level 1
Port Antonio, Jamaica

confirming my phone number

Air BnB send a 4 digit confirmation code but when I enter it I get a message to say the phone number is already in use.
As this is the first time we are attempting to set up an account, the phone number has never been used for Air BnB previously.

We have tried to complete this step on numerous occasions but we are being stopped from completing because we are being told the phone number is already in use, but it's not!

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Neil538 phone companies recycle phone numbers so it may well be that your has been used in the past for Airbnb by another person. Calling customer services may sort this out but I fear it will be difficult.

Thanks guys

Hey Neil, I am also having this problem. Were you able to figure it out?

Hello, having issues confirming my phone number for a house in England.  I reached my max attempts and it says wait an hour.  Im in the US and using my cell number but it wont accept it.  It says it cannot accept the format.  Please let me know how to get this resolved.

@David9207  Are you including the +1 country code for the United States?  Starting your phone entry with that  +1  code usually causes the programming to change and accept the different digit setup.