does any one know why guest is being send to hotels?

Answered!
Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

does any one know why guest is being send to hotels?

@Airbnb@Sarah977, @Anonymous @Huma0 @Susan17 @Ute42  @Yossi8 @Emily1159 @Melodie-And-John0 @Stephanie @Mike-And-Jane0 @Anna-W @Lizzie @Brian 

I stumble upon a message about guest being rejected by Airbnb to extend their stay on a private homes do to pattern and location issue.. but what pattern.. is this an automated answer of algorithm??

choose.jpg

why are guest is being denied to extend their stay in a private homes, and told has nothing to do with Covid-19 situation and got referred to hotels run through Airbnb platform, due to a pattern .. what pattern..?? and is it not more dangerous to cluster guest in this time of situation.. ??

is this an automated message calculated through Algorithm.. and what with the way it is being communicated.. what is happening??

is this a tech issue? a filter?  a penalty? an open house related issue?? why can't the host continue hosting when she wanted too..?? or the guest continue staying when they request on it.. ??

any one got any ideas.. please advise .. or teach me .. 

Is so short it does not tell much .. it does not tell any thing.. too many speculation .. confuse ..

Jeffrey Bong
1 Best Answer

@Manasui0   Airbnb doesn't have staff members personally handling and engaging with each booking. Of course the message is automated. I would think any user of a global web-based service would recognize that instantly, though I suppose language barriers could have some influence.

I agree that Airbnb's brand has been desecrated by the disastrous choices it's made in its ascent from a breakout niche player to a mainstream industry leader. It remains to be seen whether a company without physical assets will have long-term durability in the accommodation business, but at the moment they are a laughingstock for what is broadly perceived as sheer corporate hubris in overplaying their hand. The travel industry is poised to be among the very last to recover from the current convergence of crises, so Airbnb and most people whose livelihoods depend on it have an exceptionally grim year ahead. Best of luck with whatever you must do to come through it successfully.

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13

@Manasui0  Some users have reported this automated message coming up when the algorithm flags a booking attempt as being high risk for illicit usage such as a house party. The profile in this case might be something like: entire home, booking close to check-in date, guest lives within a short distance.  I haven't yet heard of it appearing in cases where a user wants to extend an already-existing booking. 

Airbnb hasn't released much info about these notices, so we mostly just have speculation to work with. I don't know one way or other whether it's relevant here, but before the Corona crisis began, Airbnb was already posting a massive drop in profits after sinking a lot of money into hotel-industry buyouts. Unquestionably, that turned out to be a very poor investment in light of subsequent events. If Airbnb were purposefully redirecting users from one failing sector of its empire to an even-worse-off one, it wouldn't be surprising. But you won't see any mention of that in the press materials.

the person who told me this.. refuse to spend more energy to say it in Community Center.. another speculation.. 

thanks though 

Jeffrey Bong

but should it be an automated message.. while in Bali they booked my place coming from the airport, while having a friend that is a neighbour with vacancy some times.. it should not be a work for the machine .. is not polite and might not be effective.. I don't know.. I mean, It can be handle in a more humane way than an automated message, even fro disciplinary action . the lack of words does bring a miss-perception into the cause..

why would Airbnb go into mainstream.. instead of being unique.. it's originality has proof to be leading in many grounds.. I don't know ..they must have a strong reason, that is non of my business... 

Jeffrey Bong

@Manasui0   Airbnb doesn't have staff members personally handling and engaging with each booking. Of course the message is automated. I would think any user of a global web-based service would recognize that instantly, though I suppose language barriers could have some influence.

I agree that Airbnb's brand has been desecrated by the disastrous choices it's made in its ascent from a breakout niche player to a mainstream industry leader. It remains to be seen whether a company without physical assets will have long-term durability in the accommodation business, but at the moment they are a laughingstock for what is broadly perceived as sheer corporate hubris in overplaying their hand. The travel industry is poised to be among the very last to recover from the current convergence of crises, so Airbnb and most people whose livelihoods depend on it have an exceptionally grim year ahead. Best of luck with whatever you must do to come through it successfully.

@Anonymous 

Thank you.. I do , I did , I will must done to come out successfully.. just trying to understand what and why??  is just sad if Airbnb lost their way.. it won't change much since a 1% intention there are 99% ways to get it.. it will just like loosing a brother..  heheheheh 

travel industry in Bali will not be the last one to recover.. 

thanks bro.. 

Jeffrey Bong
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Manasui0  Since Airbnb is playing dirty with hosts, if it were me, and I had a guest who was already in residence, and they were a good guest who I was confident wouldn't make any trouble, I'd simply extend the reservation privately- have the guest pay you directly and make a private agreement with them.

I did that once and they trash my property because they were drunk and mad.. and leave a one star review and said my house has no amenities.. 

Jeffrey Bong

@Manasui0  That's why I said I would only do this with guests who had been in residence for long enough for you to be assured that they are decent people who don't do things like this.

@Sarah977 it was with a repeated guest for 3 times.. and they always use airbnb at least a couple of years.. but than again..it was last year.. but, it seems to be a trap as well, they were running around with locals and other property owner, very fluid with what you can and cannot do with in Airbnb more than I do before .. I don't know .. it was at the beginning when I have less experience.. I choke a lot and easily panic at the beginning .. back then I got shut off once I did not agree with the review, which the rules has change now a days.. 

I just hope Airbnb does not turn style like booking .com.. or other that prioritise hotels.. is so unoriginals.. to common.. and no respect, only fake politeness.. My acquaintance in got a hotel.. you just smile and sue..

like a room coming out of assembly line

Jeffrey Bong
Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Manasui0

Hey Jeffrey, hope you're keeping well and staying safe over in Bali! Here you go, you might find some answers here...

Is Airbnb replacing Hosts with Hotels? - Airbnb Community
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Is-Airbnb-replacing-Hosts-with-Hotels/td-p/1273241

I'm good here.. surviving.. but is good.. thanks for the info Susan... hope you all good to in Ireland..

we will all pass this storm too..

Jeffrey Bong
Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Manasui0

Do you know if OYO has a heavy presence in Bali? I'm thinking probably so, as they're a dominant player in many Asian markets. 

OYO.. not yet .. Top 5 (exclude Airbnb) is Tripadvisor, booking, agoda, expedia, and ctrip(chinessese travele's OTA).. most asian in Bali use expedia and ctrip .. hotels use that .. but OYO in Indonesia (mostly Jakarta) is a payment mobile apps.. I don't know if it's the same.. white letter, and purple background.. I don't hear any one booking accommodation from them, like travelocity, in indonesia is traveloka , they don't sell well (too common)

@Airbnb I think Airbnb should stay original,.. and Airbnb hotels should be in a different platform, different in handling.. hotels and singular villas or homes are really different in style .. is like personal approach and corporate swag...  with tie and leather shoes vs stylish, edgy, neat, casual, but original.. 

Jeffrey Bong