guest profiles

guest profiles

Have a guest coming that has no email address and no identity confirmed.

Only have a mobile number. Is this normal?

7 Replies 7
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Carolyn691 

NO!

This is a big red flag.

You should insist that they completely confirm their identity through Airbnb, as you have done yourself, and don’t allow them onto your property until they do it.

If they can’t or won’t provide the information they should cancel.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry @Brian2036  that's not correct.

it depends whether @Carolyn691  set up her listing so that only those with photo ID can book if not then anyone can book.

@Carolyn691  can you clarify what guest ID you ask for on your listing? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Carolyn691  Some guests may simply not realize that a host wouldn't feel comfortable about a guest who only had uploaded a phone number. You should state in your ad what you require in this regard. If you use Instant Book, you need to check the requirements. If it is a Booking Request, do not accept it until you message the guest asking them to complete their profile info and they have complied.

Thank you for advice-where on listings do I look for identity requests?

@Carolyn691  I don't understand your question.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Carolyn691 < welcome to ABB CC from across the oceans and lands in New Zealand.

We all need to be mindful not everyone has the internet, nor emails in the world.

Ditto in countries like the UK, USA, New Zealand and I believe Denmark have strict Laws about not having to have or carry Photo ID to obtain telecommunications services.

I'm sure there's many rural areas in the UK where there's still no internet cables, or WiFi access, some people including older and Disadvantaged  persons have never ever had the need, or the desire or means to get Smart Phones etc, people also have for financial and other reasons, including Job losses, no longer got the ready availability of the internet  so it may pay to keep an open mind why this person may not have those Optional requirements.

I hope this helps, and also creates an awareness to others instead of jumping to conclusions about others we don't know who use ABB as a Platform to seek shelter.

All the Best

@Helen427 Airbnb is an online platform. Anyone who opens an account and books a stay has access to internet and an email address and can upload their ID to Airbnb. And you don't need a smart phone to use Airbnb.