Additional Guest

Jacob460
Level 1
Columbia, MO

Additional Guest

The last guest that stayed at our Airbnb brought additonal guest with them without prior notification. A second vehicle was on the property and I stopped by to see who was on the property. I was informed by the guest that it was there children who were camping on nearby public land. However, the campsite was set up in the yard the following morning and the additional party was using the facilities within the house. The not approved guest were documented on property. Upon contacting the current approved guest through airbnb, we requested that we update the reservation to reflect all additional guest residing on property. The response was “ So glad i saw this BEFORE i did my review. We had not planned for our daughter to be there. They were camping on public land. If this had been mentioned to us during the check in that would have been nice. You have lost repeat customers who both grew up in the area. Do what you must”.  How should this be handled in the event of a poor review, which at this point seems inevitable. 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The guest is bang out of order.  Of course they planned for her to stay and lied to you when you stopped by. 

I would express your disappointment at her response and point out your house rules (presumably) say  that  only those who have booked and paid can stay. 

Point out they must have arranged in advance for her daughter to camp out or they wouldn't have brought their camping equipment from the land they were staying at. 

And that they have put your property at risk as if there had been any damage you wouldn't be covered by your insurance .

I would call Airbnb to flag this with them and emphasise guest has implied a negative review because you asked them to pay for additional guests not listed on the booking. 

I would leave an honest review and Pursue payment -  they are not going to give you a positive review now anyway.