guests can actually lie in reviews about your listing :(

AandM56
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

guests can actually lie in reviews about your listing :(

I had a super nasty review after I refused to refund the total amount of a guest's stay. He did not stayed at my place and he did not canceled. He just asked the money back. I obviously refused to do so as he kept my calendar blocked and gave me no chance to help out. He left a very mean review, mentioning untruthful things like: 

-the flat was dirty

-there is no parking

-there is not wardrobe

-I have pictures of naked women in my bedroom (!!) - (for reference those are paining posters, like Picasso, Les Mademoiselles d'Avignon, and some Egon Schiele's postcards from MoMa and Leopold museum.

Airbnb refused to remove the review, so essentially guests can lie! I did not know this was accepted. Even if you prove they are not, there is no way to sort this out! Is this real? I am a woman and find the content of this review quite discriminatory, too, but I cannot have it removed!

3 Replies 3
Danielle1127
Level 2
East Jordan, MI

Personally, I am becoming more and more concerned with airbnb and their lack of initiative. Im sorry this happened to you 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Speak to Airbnb again @AandM56  and insist they look at his review again pointing out how and where it doesn't meet their terms for a review 

AandM56
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Did it multiple times! It’s the reason why I stopped hosting regularly.