how to make a guest pay an extra cleaning? every host has read this

Fernando1561
Level 5
Sarasota, FL

how to make a guest pay an extra cleaning? every host has read this

It has happened to me and it still happens , I make the claim on time but airbnb does not accept it because it says that the client refused to pay it, you know how to make airbnb accept the claim? 

Guests who usually leave the place upside down, it is as if some pigs had been living there  and because Guests paid a cleaning fee and they think they have the right to leave the place very dirty, 
This is what airbnb responds,  when you make a claim for an extra cleaning and they deny it:
"Hosts should understand that not all property damage caused by guests is covered by the terms of the Host Guarantee.
Some of the exclusions are general cleanliness, wear and tear from ordinary use of the space, and non-material damage, such as fines for smoking or breaking house rules"

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Fernando1561 unless you have an invoice from a cleaning company you have zero chance of reimbursement. Even with an invoice you may struggle

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Fernando1561 

The procedure to make a claim is rather strict:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

If it is about cleaning you must document the filthy situation with pictures and have a quote or invoice available from a cleaning company. But still difficult to claim cleaning-costs unless it is extreme situation in combination with other damages. (as you can read from other similar posts in this community).

Better try to avoid such guests can book your accommodation.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Even with an invoice, photos, and even if the guest admits it, if the guest ultimately declines to pay, the guest declines to pay. This is the imaginary host guarantee / security deposit. It works fine as long as the guest agrees to pay. Unfortunately, they usually don't.