is aircover a waste of time ?

Sara7608
Level 2
Liverpool, United Kingdom

is aircover a waste of time ?

Hi everyone . Im really struggling here with aircover and need some help 

Ive been doing airbnb with my house for 2.5 years and its always run smoothly with no issues .At the end of  June I had a  terrible guest who ruined my house - Bodily fluids everywhere , cigarettes buts in beds , stained carpets , broken beds and lots more . I put a claim in for 1.5k for damages and then loss of earning because i had to close the calender and have videos and photos to prove the damage that was done plus receipts for what i had to buy .

I heard nothing from them and its been over a month now . Ive tried to ring airbnb maybe 10 times and after the 5th phonecall i was told they had made a mistake and the case hadnt " been processed correctly to the correct team " . The airbnb customer service team said they couldnt help me with the claim as it wasnt their department and that someone from aircover would get in touch . I waited constantly and nothing came yet when i rang I was just told over and over again it was a different department and am  being sent in circles continuously . 

I tried to raise a complaint and was told there was no official complaints procedure and that i just had to fill out a feedback form .

I had to close the calender for over 3 weeks to get all the repairs done and with the house empty for a month a full mortgage has been a real struggle .

Yesterday out of the blue £406 came into my account with no explanation or discussion and as if to say " thats it " . Today I have tried to ring again to appeal this amount as it cost me a fortune and agan have just been told there is no one i can speak to 

I'm at my wits end and wondered if i could have  some help on what to do 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sara7608 Aircover for damage is NOT an insurance policy and basically pays out at the whim of Airbnb. Asa result hosts really should have their own insurance in place to cover damage to their property. I hate to think how many hosts do not realise they are basically uninsured for contents and may be for the buildings as well unless they have specific STR insurance in place.

It is all good until something happens