medical issue, need to shorten my trip, Airbnb is completely ignoring me!

Scarlett-Fanny0
Level 1
Westmount, CA

medical issue, need to shorten my trip, Airbnb is completely ignoring me!

Hi!

I am a host but this time I used Airbnb for my vacation.

I arrived late on my trip because of surgery. my loss, no problem. Unfortunately I have to shorten my trip for medical reasons

So as required sent all the paperwork and ID required as per they extenuating circumstances policy.

but instead they have decided to NOT RESPOND all together!

I have one case open, but the lady chose to not respond, so I opened another case, so instead of helping they "merged the case"

waited... still no response

Opened another case again hoping someone could help, then again, "merged the case" and no answers...

I really don't know what to do anymore... 

1- I have a medical issue, I need a 2nd surgery) I need to cancel 1/2 of my trip (paid my 1st half, all good)
2- I sent all the necessary documentation (ID & docteurs note) (driver's licence, birth certificate AND passport photo)
3- I ask to talk to a superviser, my request was denied
4- my multiple messages are being completely ignored
5- sent multiple messages to the host also via email & airbnb = no response

I am only trying to find a mutual agreement since January 23rd.
I just want someone with whom I can discuss of a resolution.

this is not unreasonable!!!

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Scarlett-Fanny0  Try contacting Airbnb through Twitter. It's said that they tend to be more responsive there.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Isn't the EC policy only for circumstances that affect a trip before it starts @Scarlett-Fanny0 ??

Have you read through the T&Cs.

I would try putting this cancellation through on your travel insurance.]

Hope the surgery goes well.

@Helen3 Good point, and putting it through travel insurance will ALWAYS be easier than dealing with Airbnb. It's a shame that most travelers seem to forget about travel insurance. Best of luck with everything, @Scarlett-Fanny0