problem with emails

Deborah498
Level 2
Tideswell, United Kingdom

problem with emails

All of a sudden emails from air bnb are not coming into my personal email account - nothing has changed as far as I know - my email is correct in my profile.

I am getting text messages but not email notification when enquiries arrive. I have checked spam and junk and they are not going into there.

I use Outlook - windows 10.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Deborah498 

Did you also check the notification settings in your account ?

Deborah498
Level 2

Thanks for reply - yes I did - all set to on for emails. I have been receiving emails for a number of years no problem and now for some strange reason they stopped a couple of days ago and I have not changed anything in my account or with my PC.

@Deborah498  This happens sometimes. For me it was the opposite-my text alerts stopped but I was still getting the emails.

One thing you can try is to turn off the email notifications, clear your cache and cookies, then turn it back on again, which might reset it. 

If that doesn't work, send customer service a message, starting it with "Tech Team Issue". Then, very briefly and simply explain the cessation of the emails and what you tried in order to fix it.

When this happened with my text alerts, it took about a month for them to start up again. 

Deborah498
Level 2

Hi 

Thanks for getting back - I have looked in my account notifications and all the emails seemed to be linked to marketing, rewards, hosting etc I cant see where I turn off emails for an enquiry.

Do I turn off all the emails in the notifications for offers and updates then clear cache and cookies - sorry to bother you. This is a real pain as I check my emails all the time and find it much easier to see an enquiry this way.

Kind regards

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Deborah498 

Sorry to hear you weren't receiving any emails anymore! Are you receiving emails again now, or have you been in touch with CS in the meantime like @Sarah977 suggested?

Please let us know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mairi16
Level 2
Portree, United Kingdom

I’m having the opposite problem, directions to my home are on my Airbnb page, but I get text messages, reminders, arrivals, about to arrive, leave feedback, remember to leave feedback and all these messages are clogging up my email, text message boxes it’s driving me nuts deleting them all. How many times to I need to be reminded a guest is arriving when I’ve got a blooming calendar .