regarding accomodation

Ashutosh19
Level 2
Darmstadt, Germany

regarding accomodation

This post is regarding Airbnb accomodation . 
I came from Luxembourg on oct 31 8 pm and checked in in one of the Airbnb listings in sollentuna . I booked the place for 40 days and paid 860 euro upfront . I didnot like the behavior of the host when I moved in and the place was very uncomfortable and shady . So I reported this to Airbnb in less than 24 hours and moved out of the place . Since then I am continuously following up with Airbnb to return my money but they literally not helping in this . My all 860 euro gone for some service which I didn’t avail . 

I request AIRBNB to please return my money . I left the place in less than 24 hours . I was not comfortable at the host place .
2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ashutosh19  This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service.  No one here can do anything about you getting a refund.

@Ashutosh19 There are specific conditions under which you might be eligible for a refund if you choose not to complete your stay. Those are outlined here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2868/airbnb-guest-refund-policy

Finding the home or the host to be uncomfortable or shady isn't really enough of a reason to get an exemption from the cancellation policy. If there's a specific problem such as a missing amenity or a safety hazard, you're expected to give the host an opportunity to resolve the issue, and report it to Airbnb if a resolution can't be reached. If the problem is more subtle, like you're not really clicking with the host or feeling the vibe, you really have to work out a solution with them directly. For example, send them a change request to advance your checkout date in exchange for a partial refund.

The worst thing one could do in this situation is walk away from the accommodation without an agreement on the refund or an attempt to resolve the issue. That usually results in losing your money.