renting in Dublin legit link and payment method?

renting in Dublin legit link and payment method?

Hi everyone,

I am planning to rent a house in Dublin for a long period of time, starting with a month first

we agreed with the host

I have strong concerns about two things:

this is the URL of the property:

while properties and reservations appears on my account on airbnb but I cant see this one and a URL should look like:

1. Can anyone confirm it is a legit Airbnb property?

for the payment, I am ask to send money directly to a private bank account while Airbnb usually accepts Paypal:

2. has anyone seen this? and would it be covered by airbnb if I dont like the property when doing first visit?

thank you
11 Replies 11

forgot to ask as well: reservation does not appear in my list

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

It looks like a fraud. Suggest you contact Airbnb and they will hopefully get it taken down.

You should never need to pay money outside of Airbnb

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Christophe1680 

This is a total scam. Don't even think about it. 

This property is already on Airbnb, being rented by a legitimate host. Her calendar clearly shows that she has no availability for any lengthy periods. 

*I've removed link here to the real Airbnb listing as the bogus profile includes the address. 

agree about real listing but I cant edit the post anymore

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Just as a reference for anyone else who might encounter a similar scam, this is what the bogus request for payment looks like (several words, including "Airbnb" and "bank transfer", have been turned backwards by the scammers in order to avoid detection)

bnbriA Ireland, The Watermarque
Building
South Lotts Road, Ringsend, Dublin 4

Receipt # 87452283089273
Sunday 23rd February 2020 at 3:37pm

bnbria

Customer Invoice

Payment Status : Pending
Please follow the instructions found below to continue with the payment process through the bnbriA secure platform.

Reservation code
BL707444

Name

Xxxxxx Xxxxx 

Travel Destination

Ireland

Accommodation Type

House

Guests

Accommodation Address

32 Clanree Road, Donnycarney, Dublin
Ireland

Accommodation host

Stephanie Wright

Arrival date

Sun, 1st March 2020

Departure date

Tue, 31st March 2020

Security deposit

€1300
to be refunded in 1 to 2 business days after the departure date

Reservation charges
€43 x 30 nights€1,290
Security deposit€1300
Service fee€23
Total€2,613
Payment Method:
refsnart knaB

Send the payment using the following details:

BENEFICIARY NAME: SCHEGEL FRANCO MELISA

EMAN KNAB: SANTANDER

SSERDDA KNAB: Paseo de los Curas 18, Madrid, Spain

TFIWS\CIB: BSCHESMM

NABI: ES8100495926412816180486

Reference#: BL707444

Amount – €2,613

The reference number is important in accepting, and assigning the payment to your booking, please use only the provided number BL707444 in the reference / reason / comment field of your transfer form.

Any mistakes made in sending the money could cause delays, or cancellation of your booking.

Safety
refsnart knaB is the only service that provides complete authentication. Our client funds are always the top of our priority, therefore we exercise due diligence in handling clients' deposits and withdrawals. Our clients and partners can be assured all funds are only held with globally recognized banks.
Notice
The order can be prioritized, if the transfer is remitted using express / urgent method, as the transfer is processed in a matter of hours, and the booking is usually confirmed in the same day.

bnbriA is authorised to accept Accommodation seeF on behalf of the Host as its limited agent. This means that your payment obligation to the Host is satisfied by your payment to bnbriA. Any disagreements by the Host regarding that payment must be settled between the Host and bnbriA.

just one question susan: how do you know the receipt they sent is exactly like this? as it is actually

It's visible through the link you provided to the fake listing, @Christophe1680. I removed your name from it. 

thank you everyone for your help. you are confirming what i thought. Any input from Airbnb to clarify 100% would be great

@Christophe1680 

You won't be getting any input on this forum from Airbnb to clarify, it's just a discussion platform for hosts and guests, and is not staffed by Airbnb employees. But I can assure you 1000% that this is a fake listing. Apart from all the other blazing red flags - and this being a well-known scam - Airbnb specifically advises people never to pay off platform. 

If you want clarification from Airbnb, give them a call on 01 697 1831.

Btw, if you're looking for a longer term rental in Dublin, it wouldn't really make sense (economically or otherwise) to use Airbnb for that. You'd be better off trying Daft. ie 

Agree Susan. I use Daft and this was actually advertised on it and once contacted them via daft got the link sent, and told they were living in germany etc.... warning signs indeed

thank you for you help in clarifying everything

You're very welcome, @Christophe1680! Glad you didn't get stung, and hope you found a perfect alternative ;))🙂