strange booking requests

strange booking requests

I received this week multiple reservation requests from local guests, who have no ratings, no self description, no ID verification. They all write a short sentence or even just two words. Some of this requests come very late. When I ask them about the reason they need to book my place, they refuse to give one, just saying something. So I keep asking them questions and they just quit.  

Another case I have is: a person, I don't think it's even a potential guest, because he never places even a reservation or a booking, keeps texting me about one specific photo of a poster in my listing and if I have this picture at home. He is looking for this picture for so many years and finely pinterest pointed him to my listing on airbnb. I found it odd, because I do not advertise on pinterest. So I tell him, that cannot be the case. This person keeps developing a nice conversation about this picture and tells even why he needs to find it. The story is actually pretty nice. Unfortunately I do not have the address of the specific location where I found this poster. This person keeps checking on it couple times already and texts me 3x in a span of 2 month. Why is this person keep texting me and how can my apartment appear on pinterest? And then I remembered that it's not a first person who texted me, because he/she found my place on pinterest. I had this already couple years ago too. So does anyone knows, what is the connection to pinterest and Airbnb? 

3 Replies 3
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Elisabeth40 

I suspect that your place is on Pinterest because a guest posted photos of it on the site.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Elisabeth40  In addition to what @Kitty-and-Creek0 said, someone looking through Airbnb can save an image from your listing to Pinterest.  People who are really into Pinterest have an extension on their browser that enables them to save any image they come across on the web to one of their Pinterest boards.  So it's possible it was saved by someone who's never been there.  If the poster is visible in one of the photos on your listing.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

How does he have access to your number to text you.... just block him 😁