third party booking

Modes0
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

third party booking

Yesterday someone booking my listing for a month, I waited for the guest to give  the keys, they  texted me that they were outside, and I didn't see them, so finally they said that they booking for a friend.  it was midnight, and the person was already inside the house, he had a car with no license plates, and he did not have a driver's license, he said that he had a lot of cash. next morning he told me that someone had stolen his money, he screamed loudly in the neighborhood, kicked the door. I called police and they reviewed the security camera and they notice that no one was entered to the house, so they  waited for him to take all his belongings and leave the place.I called police, they said that they are no responsible for 3er party bookings. 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Modes0  Your post is confusing. How did this person get into the house if they didn't have any keys? 

And what sort of help are you asking for here? The police have no authority to remove someone from your home, unless you can prove they are trespassing. They can certainly attend to and deal with someone causing a disturbance, but this is something you neeed to report to Airbnb- that someone booked your home for a month for someone else, which they did not disclose, and the person who arrived caused a disturbance that required police intervention.

And someone booking a month long stay at the last minute is a huge red flag you should never accept. Their friend probably got booted out of the last place he was staying.