unsafe guests

Harvin0
Level 3
Thorold, Canada

unsafe guests

I'm hosting in my basement apartment, and 2nd time, 2nd guest is running prostitution out of it. and can't reach air bnb, what options does host have? 

3 Replies 3

@Harvin0  Unfortunately there's not much that Airbnb can do for you - you'll have to remove the guests from the property yourself. Your fastest way out would be to inform them that due to violation of your House Rules or local laws, you are obliged to cut the reservation short, and send them a Booking Change request updating their checkout date to today. Make it very clear that the only way they can be assured of a refund for the unused nights of their stay will be to accept the request. Ideally you or a trusted co-host will be onsite to make sure the door doesn't hit them too hard on the way out.

Hello Andrew & Thank you, Thankfully it was only two nights stay, so they checked out as my family & neighbors were freaking out at me with these guests. unfortunately this sort of guests bring shady characters into neighborhoods we live in. I spoke to the guy he was decent to talk to and wouldn't admit kept referring to woman and girl as step mom & sister.  they were like running in & out all day exchanging stuff in cars. So my other Host friends be careful at the last minute bookings especially if you are hosting within your own home.   I learned asking them questions before accepting the request or preapproval are best way to be sure. 

Air bnb is no help, can not even get hold of an agent. after 24 hours i still have not heard back from them.  I wasn't expecting anything from air bnb but a call to guests hey that you are in violation of the house rules you agreed to at the time of booking. 

@Harvin0  I state in my house rules and my listing description that I will charge every guest/ friend who enters my apartment during day/ night. that works. And you need to set an amount which is not going to make their biz lucrative. It's also very important that you state in your house rules this extra charges per day/ night because once I had a case where the case manager really refused to help me to get the money for the extra guests, because I stated that it's during night and the guest brought someone during the day. As ridiculous it sounds it must be "day/ night". I also do not aim to host couples, I prefer to have one guests at a time, that's why it is ok for me if people think my place is pricy for couples. This helped me to eliminate extra people who didn't belong to my space. And sometimes I would get very nice couples, who even don't have issues to pay a price for the extra guest. But those are usually very cool and their priorities are to see as much as possible in NYC and not to be at home all the time. Sometimes guests brought already friends to their check in, I just simple do not allow anyone beside the booked guest at my place. Their friends need to wait outside.