[Community Center Update] Login issue now resolved

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Community Center Update] Login issue now resolved

Hello everybody,

As you may have noticed, we have been experiencing an issue impacting the ability to login to the Community Center, today (Nov 20th). We are really sorry you were unable to post during this time.

The good news is we got to the bottom of what was causing this unexpected glitch and are back up and running! 🙂

Thank you so much for your patience and I hope you have had a nice day. 

Lizzie, Stephanie & Quincy

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

32 Replies 32
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lizzie

yes we noticed 🙂

I contacted CS via Twitter today to tell them for this glitch.

They said they need my email, my full name and my phone number to investigate the problem. 

I said: you don't need it, just go to CC and you'll see the last comment was left 13 hours ago, it means nobody can sign in since.

They said they need my info to be able to report the glitch to the relevant team.

OK, forgetit... I rest my case... 😄

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww I'm sorry about that, @Branka-and-Silvia0 - what a palaver! Due to the particular issue we weren't even able to add a note on the page until now to show we were working on it. 

Maybe we should send pigeons next time?!? 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Branka-and-Silvia0 despite the faff, we really appreciate your reaching out to report the fault! It's great to know we have wonderful members that can help communicate when there are issues with the CC 🙂

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Lizzie  yes, pigeons are most reliable ... but make sure they have full name, email, and phone number otherwise ABB CS will refuse to open the window and let them in  :))))

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

There were login issues. But the site had no signs that there were login in issues. Therefore, there were probably some posts created and submitted during this period of 13 hours time as mentioned by @Branka-and-Silvia0 . 

@Lizzie @Stephanie I believe that those posts would not be able to be retrieved.

In addition, this was not the first time I saw the issue. About two months ago, there was a period of 4-6 hours with no updates of posts. It could be the same issue. Hopefully the root cause was identified and fixed this time

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Glad it was a glitch .... I did wonder if I'd said something wrong and been banned!

I spent ages and ages trying to log in .... managed to find a link to send a message to AirBnB support .... they asked for technical details and screenshots etc ....

haha @Trevor243  I wondered the same thing 😄

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Trevor243 

"I did wonder if I'd said something wrong and been banned!"

Lol, me too!

"Nevertheless, we persisted."

@Trevor243 @Patricia55 @Branka-and-Silvia0 

You don't have to sign in to see most of posts. Only when you submit a post, it requires a login. Isn't it that case?

But this glitch made a good joke and might have surprised many Airbnb Community patrons 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Don't worry @Trevor243 ! We wouldn't ban you for saying something wrong either, would talk to you first and hopefully come to a positive outcome.

We were all unable to login, including community managers. And yes, @Alice595 , the problem was identified and remedied. 

Thanks

-----

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@StephanieAwww that's kind of you to not ban me ... I once got banned from a freecycle group for giving too much away ....

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

My word... what were  you giving away? @Trevor243   

Sounds like you are positive, giving sort so you will be very welcome here in the CC!

-----

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@StephanieOh, was all sorts .... years of bringing my kids up alone meant I never had time to get rid of stuff I didn't need .... and when I did get the time, freecycle was very handy!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm glad everything is working fine again for all of you (and us) @Trevor243 @Alice595 @Patricia55 @Branka-and-Silvia0

*Phew* 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen