Festival of hospitality: thank you to all!

Laura_C
Ex Airbnb
Ex Airbnb
Redwood City, CA

Festival of hospitality: thank you to all!

Hi everyone,

What an incredible few days! I was following the festival of hospitality last week and enjoyed reading all the great topics created by so many of you. It has been fantastic to see the different topics come from multiple Community Center languages and really shows what an amazing global community we have.

A big thank you to all of you who were involved through writing topics and sharing your wonderful tips and experiences, to those who got your cameras out (you may have spotted me and my co-host, Zoe) and helped to make a community video!

Lastly, big thank you to our amazing Community Managers @Lizzie@Sergi@Stephanie, @Francesca@Kirstie@Noriko@Anna@May who have been translating the amazing content for our global community to enjoy.

We hope everyone enjoyed the last four days as much as we did!

Drop us a note in the comments section with any feedback or suggestions for future events like this!

~Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

9 Replies 9
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, 

I just want to add to Laura's thanks here. 

On behalf all the Community Managers here in our Community Center, Stephanie, Sergi, Kirstie, Francesca, May, Noriko and Quincy: we want to thank you for a week that we will not forget.

A week in which you showed such a magnificent response to the Festival of Hospitality in the Community Center. It was wonderful to see 21 incredible pieces of information that cover so many aspects of receiving guests, so much knowledge and experience, and it's clear how much this has helped hosts already and I'm sure this will go on in the future. 

One of the most amazing things during the week was that the boundaries of language were broken down and conversations were happening across all of the CCs. The camaraderie and friendships here are pretty incredible and (slightly soppy) helps to make the world a smaller place!

A huge and sincere: THANK YOU! 🙂 

Lizzie, Stephanie and Quincy

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Noriko
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Tokyo, Japan

It was fantastic and amazing to hold festival globally with wonderful topics, that is Airbnb community!

Thank you for everyone 🙂

Noriko

--------------------

つながろう、拡げよう。
Airbnbコミュニティセンターチーム Noriko
コミュニティセンターのガイドライン
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Pats on the back, all round!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Awww. 🙂 

Please pat yourself on your back too. We couldn't have done it without you. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Laura_C  

Thank you too 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Laura_C @Lizzie As we got an interesting topic. If you can create a separate category that collects all article it will be nice as other host can visit and learn more.   

Hi @Nutth0 ,

It's great to see you enjoy the festival so much and thank you for taking part, your topic was very interesting and your home from the video, looks incredible.

It's fantastic to hear your suggestion to highlight the festival more in the CC and have a specific area. This festival really is a community led event, and so I love to hear how you think we can shape it.

If you or any one else has any other idea please do share them.

~Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thank you @Laura_C@Lizzie @Stephanie @Sergi @Anna @Noriko @May @Fancesca @Jasmine@Qunicy and everyone-else with each other may we all help make the world that much smaller and closely connected.

It was a pleasure to be a participant, and I'm glad the hiccups paused so I could say why I love Hosting in the video segment..

Happy Hosting to all

Thanks for posting. I wasn't able to post a video this time due to road trips although I will say I should have done "the other side" and posted about staying at an Airbnb in Dublin Ireland (delightful), then two weeks later at one in Atlanta (fabulous).

Really love having this option and seeing what other hosts are doing! Cheers!