CC Festival of Hospitality 2019: Schedule

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

CC Festival of Hospitality 2019: Schedule

Festival.jpg

Hi everyone, 

After a busy few weeks of preparation, the first Community Center Festival of Hospitality has arrived and will be kick starting tomorrow. Exciting times! 

The response from community members across the Community Center languages, has been incredible and as you can see from the schedule of events we have such a range of great guides and tips coming this week. 

If you are late to this and would like to take part, there is still time, all the posts shared throughout the week have all taken a lot of time and thought, so please show your appreciation in their topics, ask questions and generally enjoy yourself. 

Plus, it’s not too late to take part in our Community Center video. It will literally take you 10 seconds, well perhaps a little longer if you include sending the email! To find out more, view here

Enjoy your week.

Stephanie & @Lizzie 

Schedule of events:

Tuesday 27th

Wednesday 28th

Thursday 29th

Friday 30th

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

25 Replies 25
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Stephanie LOVE all these topics and can't wait to see the articles!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Stephanie  This looks like a great week of fun reading, learning and exploring other hosts ideas and ventures. Awesome. Thanks that I'm being included!  Looking forward to the video of everyone also.

Best, Clara

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Stephanie & @Lizzie 

A great menu of ideas here! Looking forward to everyone’s contributions. Not just the articles, but the discussion and input from everyone.

So now we just have to sit back and be patient, with the time difference.......cheers! 

Lan1
Level 10
El Cerrito, CA

I am just starting to enjoy the community center  activities: sharing experiences ( positive or negative),  seeking/giving support, getting valuable advises and suggestions.....I still can’t picture what the “community festival “ look like, but very exited to see what will be....

周蘭
Kristie46
Level 1
Anacortes, WA

Excited to see what others do to make their guest feel special.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Clara116 @Stephanie @Kristie46 @Lan1 @Cathie19 @Lizzie@Suzanne302 for all arranging this for us all & partaking in this to, looking fwd to seeing the compilation.

@Stephanie @Lizzie

Is there any chance please that we have a complete world map on the home page?
The one you have placed to appears to be missing little ole New Zealand, am feeling left out...

Thanks in advance for your excellent work

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

aww sorry @Helen427, we tried to squish all the countries on, but it turns out the world is very large! hehe If it's any consolidation the UK is hiding too, but we both know that the UK and New Zealand are certainly there in spirit, which is the main thing I think. This is a temporary image for the festival week. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

WORLD MAP includes UK & New Zealand!WORLD MAP includes UK & New Zealand!

@Lizzie @Stephanie @Kristie46 @Lan1 @Cathie19 

How's this world map?
It includes the UK, New Zealand and some other missing countries
 and It shows where  Noah's Ark visited and left the animals and plants!!

All the best and looking fwd to seeing your Hosting stories to @Lizzie @Stephanie 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's a lovely map @Helen427, I love the big whale. 🙂 Sadly I don't think even this map would fit into our CC banner mould. Maybe we should just have Antarctica! 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lizzie

Nice to see you back in here again, you were missed.

I just used words World map in Google and it came up on first page and thought it looked really cool.

Now I'm reading using keywords "world map" in my trusty Papers Past NZ.

Do you know how many times they have they had congress meetings to discuss it the measurements etc of it?
There's some great history and historic maps in British Museums from Abel Tasman's exploration.

I like this little story in here about the school children here at Mount Eden, Auckland from 1934 at the height of The Depression era.

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/ESD19341213.2.121

" 'Tis always morning somewhere in the world"

Such a great concept to embrace all people in the world

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone, 

Just to highlight, this is the last call for submitting your video, if you would like to be included please send it over today. 🙂

We need to get cracking with putting it together!

Exciting times and thank you. 

--------------------

@Lizzie so excited to see the video!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear @Mike-And-Helen0. We are still working on them, lots of subtitles, but we are getting there! 🙂 

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hot off the press, @Mike-And-Helen0...take a look here! 🙂 

--------------------