[New] Update to Community Center Unique Usernames

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[New] Update to Community Center Unique Usernames

Hello everyone,

As mentioned last week, I’m pleased to let you know we have made several updates to help improve the experience with the Community Center unique usernames.

Here is an overview of what has been updated:

• All usernames in the Community Center now have a number at the end. (You may have noticed that some CC usernames were missing a number, making it harder to find them)
  • Any duplicate usernames have been updated, making them unique...finally!
  • Names with special characters and multiple words, such as ‘&’ or ‘Bill and Ben’, have been updated so they appear correctly in the @ mention drop down. Dashes have been added when there is a space in the username, ie. ‘Bill-and-Ben’

Additional information:

• How are the numbers are assigned on a username? This is based on when you first registered in the Community Center, so if you were the first person to register here with your name, you will have a ‘0’ at the end. 
  • Can I change my username? Due to the complexity of applying usernames without duplication, once you have been assigned your CC username your CC username will remain the same–even if you update it on your Airbnb account.  

We hope all these updates will help to improve your experience when talking to others here in the CC. We are still carrying out some final checks to make sure all is working as expected, but if you spot anything unexpected, please let me know–your feedback is always welcome. 

Lastly, we are also continuing to work on improving the speed at which the names you enter when @mentioning appear, and you should see a some improvement on this with the above changes. However, we hope to have an additional update on this soon. 

Thank you so much for your patience over this time and for all your feedback on this since May. 

Lizzie, @Stephanie and @Quincy 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

15 Replies 15
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

And I'd so hoped for Gordon007, @Lizzie. That said, it's much more user-friendly now. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That would have been amazing, @Gordon007...especially in the suit you are wearing in your profile photo! Maybe we should have made all the unique usernames James Bond related! hehe...I don't know why we didn't think of that. 🙂 

Soooo glad to hear you are finding it more user-friendly. Thank you. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Gordon0  ha, yep, funny.

How nifty will it be when we get Bond007?

As for me, I thought I was extra special with @Christine1, but apparently, @Christine0  outranks me. But then there's @-Christine0 .

Very Chicken and Egg.... and amusing. 

The simple pleasures that entertain us.

Best regards,

Christine from Wombats@Glenbrook

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Lizzie , haha @Gordon0 who can cope with having a duck egg at the end of his name instead!!

Eggs are soo important to all in life because without we would go hungry @Gordon0 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I have been pronouncing the zero as "o" because it's more fun.

@Gordon0  as Gordono is quite exotic, for instance.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

classic @Lawrene0  Lawreneo, Bingo was my nameo...

Steffan2
Level 2
Geneva, Switzerland

Helpful! Thanks @Lizzie 🙂

Lisa-and-Chris1
Level 2
Kingston, JM

Thank you,  its much more user-friendly now. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Steffan2 and @Lisa-and-Chris1, this is great to hear. I'm looking forward to when it's even quicker, this shouldn't be that far off now! Then we will be flying. 🙂 

--------------------

Thanks again @Lizzie ! Messaging you separately about something now. Happy weekend 🙂

Caleb51
Level 2
Montreal, CA

Thank you 🙂

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

I went from Wende to Wende2, surprised at that.

Regina114
Level 5
Laguna Hills, CA

How do I know my name and number

Jocelyn369
Level 2
Fredericton, Canada

Thank you