New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250

Howdy from Texas!   Been hosting for about a year but new to the community 

sounds like fun!

Lori189
Level 2
Monmouth, OR

I've been listed for 9 months, and have enjoyed hosting and meeting new guests. So far we've had great guests, that appreciate our space, and country setting. I do appreciate the tips and input from other hosts. 

Yossi8
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, nice to have such a forum to meet fellow hosts. I'm based in South West London and have been hosting since November 2017 so new to this but so far so good & I'm loving it. I can genuinely say that I liked everyone I hosted and I have been v busy 🙂 fingers crossed it carries on. I fell into this accidentally! we built a cabin in our garden for visiting family and friends as part of an extensive house renovation project. We made that decision because we ran out of bedrooms in the house once the kids had a bedroom each. Typically for the first 2 months, the cabin remained empty as no one visited. We kind of thought "well that was a great invetsment!" until some of our friends suggested that we should list the cabin on airbnb & so we did and the rest is history as they say. My guests seem to love it and some said they'll be building a similar one back home. Does anyone have a story about how they got into the airbnb hosting business? Cheers. Yossi

Susan969
Level 2
Montrose, CO

Hi my name is Susan, and I live in Sothwestern Colorado where I have the Yellow Cottage Farm and Guesthouse. It’s been great having guests come and see the farm animals as well as explore the mountains here! 

I have only had one guest that was not proper, so I’ve been blessed. My only complaint on guest reviews would be that our Cottage did not have a bathroom attached when we first opened it, which we have since added, however I had a guest dock me a point on the review because it didn’t have one even though she knew it didn’t when she booked it! Meanwhile she enjoyed using the jacuzzi tub that was provided for her, and said she loved our place and we would be great friends if she lived closer! That one review has kept me from being 5 stars! Seems like guests should not be able to dock points for things like this, since she knew it when she booked.

Oh well, that’s my gripe for the day. On the other hand I had a guest that said he would give me 6 stars if he could, now maybe that’s what Airbnb could do! Let guests give the host and extra star for tremendous services!  What do y’all think? 

Melissa457
Level 2
Bentonville, AR

My name is Melissa and I have been a host since Setember 2016 in Northwest Arkansas.  I have enjoyed hosting 55 guests in that time and love being a part of the Airbnb community.

Hi, I'm new in hosting, joined Airbnb in January 2018. My Apartment is in Mannheim city Germany, l would like to know more members in Mannheim where my Apartment is and it's  other neighbouring cities.

Hi, I'm Chiara, I was born in Italy, I moved to Malta 1 year ago and since 2 weeks I started renting 2 rooms where I'm currently living, in the beautiful island of Gozo.

I was traveling for long time as a backpacker around the world...India was one of my favorite countries.

I love nature, the green, and the sea.

Happy to join this community!

See you!!

Jackie207
Level 2
Nassau, Bahamas

Hi.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jackie207

Welcome to the Community Center!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi!

My wife Poonam and I joined Airbnb only in February 2018. We live in Gurugram, on the outskirts of New Delhi, India.

It is an interesting journey and we have already hosted quite a few people from India and abroad. it has been fun interacting with our guests.

I posted a query a few days ago and received a prompt reply and a number of useful tips. I realize that there is a lot more to learn to improve our performance as hosts.

looking forward to interacting with the Community more often.

Best wishes,

Ajay.

Joe322
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Hello Everyone, 
I am Joe from Chicago, Illinois. I just started hosting through Airbnb. I was completely surprised at how fast the bookings grew. At first, I thought I had to wait two weeks for the registration to be complete. I only had a mattress and box spring ready. An hour after posting my profile, I had a request for confirmation. I agreed, but now I had a problem. I couldn't ask guests to use the box spring and mattress on the floor. I immediately went to a web site and found a practically brand new gun metal headboard and footboard. I had to drive 25 minutes to pick it up and put the bed together. The guest room is still a work in process, but everyone seems comfortable. I had no idea there was this world of Airbnb hosts and travelers. It has been a pleasure to host these fine people at my home. I look forward to reading the conversations on this board. 
Warmly, 

Joe

Valentine27
Level 2
Bronkhorstspruit, South Africa

Hi all, I am Valentine been with Airbin for some months now. Live in South Africa love to host people and leave that smile on their faces when they leave.

Ronald85
Level 2
Palm Harbor, FL

Hello Fellow Airbnbers! I am new to the community, I have a airbnb home in Palm Harbor, Florida. I am glad this group exist. I look forward to sharing and also receiving valuable information with regards to rentals.. I live in South Carolina and travel to Florida often - Regards, Ron 🙂

Hi am new to the community but have been hosting for a couple of years in Victoria falls and Botswana. 

Nancy471
Level 2
Zhubei, Taiwan

Hi! I'm from Taiwan, have been a host more than one year, but new to the Community Center.

Very happy to join this center, there are lots of useful information and experience about hosting.

Thank you very much!