New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Laura1557
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Hi everyone, I'm Laura and just began hosting a couple weeks ago.  My husband and I have a tiny house, Indigo Escape, on Daufuskie Island in South Carolina.  The island is only reachable by boat and golf carts are the preferred mode of transport, giving the island a slower pace of life.  It's the perfect spot to get away from it all and relax on the beach or explore the Gullah culture of the island.

I lived in the UK for 17 years where I met my husband and we moved to the USA three years ago.  We have loved being guests with AirBnb and are looking forward to sharing our tiny home and the beautiful island with others.

Michael1635
Level 2
Goodna, Australia

@Donovan10 wrote:

Hi everyone. I just have one question to ask. I am new to airbnb. I listed my room for £39 per night but the guest who is coming said its two of them coming. Question:should the £39 per night room be for one guest or so should i soubke the price guest bring another friend whuch makes two person staying here?

Donovan I always charge $10/night extra for each extra guest as there is more use of amenities and washing etc.  But if 3 people book I give them a second room for the $10.  I get lots of triples that way.  And I charge a $10 cleaning fee as a one off.  So far everyone has been happy.

Michael1635
Level 2
Goodna, Australia

I am Mike and Lucy and I started in January.  We have been busy ever since until the Commonwealth games when we put the price up and no-one came.  Everyone has tried to avoid the area because of the Games and the fear of crowds.  Ha ha.  Big mistake by me.  I am hoping it will pick up again now  we have dropped the price.  By the way Australia had wone 48 Gold medals by last night.  Now the swimming has finished our tally will slow down.  Next closest country is England on 24 gold.  We have had many great reviews already.

Saqib2
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

'';!--"<XSS>=&{()}

Dianne92
Level 2
De Pere, WI

Hi My name is Dianne and I have a house in Green Bay, WI and I welcome all people

Hi! I'm Jessica. My boyfriend (cohost) and Bramley (pawhost) have been hosting on the Milwaukee Eastside since last July and got Superhost status in January. We started this as a side gig to utilize our spare bedroom and we've recieved much more than we expected. From meeting guests from all over the world to being able to share an often overlooked city because of its big neighbor, we've enjoyed every moment of it.

Hildur2
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

Hi Jessica,

i am also in Milwaukee, it lower GLENDALE.

i started Airbnb on February 1 this year and I am always booked. I agree that it has been so enjoyable. I just love meeting people.

Do you know if there is a group in Milwaukee that does Airbnb and meets?

it would be fun to meet and swap stories.

Hildur

Hi, we are new to AirBnB and hosting.  We are excited to share our home with others around the world.  

Stonecrop0
Level 2
White River, South Africa

Hi all! I am Eleonora and together with my husband Alan, we own and manage a 5 unit guest facility in the lowveld of Mpumalanga, South Africa. (Close to the Kruger National Park - one of the last homes of lions, leopards and elephants on this planet.) The lodge grew from being rented to permanent occupants to what it is today and to what we most enjoy doing: Providing accommodation to visitors, who often become friends after visiting. We are 'senior citizens' and try our best to stay youthful and relevant by reading, cycling, jogging (we are avid Park Runners), going to gym as often as we can, and playing bridge (amateurishly). This year, we have joined a dance club and will be dancing our first evaluation exam soon. We can Sokkie (a South African type of dance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dchbOf08kf0... skip to halfway through), Foxtrot, Rumba and Waltz. We hope to meet a lot of wonderful people through this forum. 

Julie887
Level 1
Folkestone, United Kingdom

Hi my names Julie, I've been on Airbnb since July 2017,it's good to know there's friends out there , I live in Folkestone Kent and my home is for Airbnb guests, I have a little garden house which I stay when I am hosting. I have two springer spaniels, I've travelled the world and my favourite place is maderia regards julie 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center Julie!

I hope to see you around. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Girinshuti0
Level 2
Kigali, Rwanda

Hello Friends, my name is Jean Bosco

I'm airbnb member since February 2018

I live in Central African Kigali-RWANDA

My wife and I with our 2 daughters 4&7years old, stay in the same twin house with our guests.

We Speak French,English ,Swahili and Kinyarwanda.

The house is closer to Kigali airport just 10-15 minutes driving depending on the traffic. The house has the very beautiful view.

We have a herbal garden from different countries most of them are medicinal.

We have a mixed German-Shepherds Labrador dog.

Sacha35
Level 2
Nanaimo, Canada

Hello everyone. My name is Sacha. I was born and raised in Switzerland, where I lived for 40 years. Then in 2016, on a Airbnb Trip through West Canada, I met the most wonderful woman in the world. She was one of my Airbnb hosts on Vancouver Island. You could call it love on the first sight. I now moved to Canada and guess what... I’m married to her. We call it our personal Airbnb love story. 

I recently started hosting an Airbnb experience in Nanaimo BC. Looking forward to my first bookings and the possibility to show people from all over the world the beauty of my new hometown. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw, this is such an amazing story @Sacha35. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Nancy468
Level 3
Lamy, NM

Hi everyone! My name is Nancy and, along with my husband Kent, we rent out our home in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We just had our second guests. It is hard managing the rental remotely. We currently live in Austin, TX. I look forward to the time when we will be able to meet our guests in person. We have travelled extensively and love meeting people from all over this beautiful planet. I'm a quilter, quilt judge, lecturer, and teacher. Kent is an entreprenuer and astrophysicist. We have a pomeranian and a miniature eskimo.