Updates to the Community Center

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Updates to the Community Center

Hello everyone,

We have been working on some updates to the Community Center so I am pleased to inform that it is now completed. Although the majority of this update is to the inner workings of the CC and therefore is not visible to us, you will still notice quite a few changes! I am looking forward on hearing your feedback:

• Advanced search: we added some additional filters to search, so now you’ll be able to better find what you’re looking for. You will also have the ability to search your Direct Messages.
  • Notifications: we added notifications to the top navigation, so you can stay up to date with the latest community activity related to you.
  • Conversations: it is now easier to follow the conversation and see who has replied. We also included more options in the text editor, including bold, italic and underline to both topics and replies.
  • Direct Messages: if you’re writing a long message or something that takes some time to write it, you will receive a confirmation messaging asking if you would like to continue so you don’t lose your draft.
  • Featured content box: we moved the position and re-designed the Featured Content box on the CC Homepage (now in the middle of the page), so you can easily see important conversations in the feed.
  • Members online: to add more liveliness to the CC, we have added a live number, so you can see how many users are online on the CC. Additionally, if you see a green dot next to someone’s profile it means they’re online.
  • Host Voice and Clubs Improvements: we have made also a few enhancements to Host Voice and Homesharing Clubs, like the photo gallery, so you can easily post and browse photos.

My personal favourites are the notifications alert and the direct message timeout pop-up, what is yours? We are looking forward on hearing your feedback.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

23 Replies 23

That's good to know, @Emiel1. I am in Chrome on a laptop. I will clear my cache. There are other very strange things happening as well, with both the CC and my listing. Before I disparage the developers, I will make sure I am blameless 🙂 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Before I could clear the cache, @Lizzie, @Emiel1, the dates/times suddenly appeared. If things were going to magically appear, I should have asked for something better. A pet fee! 

Now I shall await the bolds and underlines that are coming. Looks like it is just taking the updates a bit of time to trudge all the way to Canada. 

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hello @Lizzie, this looks great.  I especially love the changes to Conversations and Direct Messages! 

"Join the Conversation" is doing some funny things as of the changes--it takes a couple of tries to get to THIS screen... the first one is small, narrow, and highlighted in green (?).  Getting in and out of it a couple of times seems to fix it, so it should just be a tiny little bug...

Have a LOVELY BIRTHDAY this weekend!

Best ever,

Kim
Elianne0
Level 2
Helsinki, FI

Hi Lizzie, thank you for the additional filters! One is still missing:

Sauna for searches made to Finland. I suggest you add a

filter called SPECIAL LOCAL AMENITIES,

That would work for heitur pottur -baths in Iceland as well and what not in other countries worldwide!

Best, Elianne

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Lizzie I tried to look up a host's listing.  Nothing.  The link for the user profile doesn't seem to work even though I am logged in.  😞

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Clare0yes, that imperfection was allready discovered, see at start of this thread ;>)

@Emiel1. Just mark me down as too lazy to read all the posts.  But thank you, glad you noticed it too and for letting me know.  Really a bummer when you want to help someone!

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello,

It's great to see that the problem with viewing a host's profile seems to be fixed. I was able to click on a profile photo in the CC and then on the "View aribnb profile" button to sethe profile and then click on the listing to view it.

Steve.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all your comments, I'm so pleased that many of you like the recent updates. Just to confirm for a few days now the link to view the Airbnb Profile (from your their community profile) is back up and running. 🙂 

Also, Lawrene you mentioned about the date showing. I am glad it is working again for you, we are also making sure it is all showing on mobile and tablet too. 

Lastly, the team are finishing some last tweaks, so hopefully everything will we working as intended. 

Thanks again for all your comments and as you use it more, please do continue to share them, it is all really useful as the Community Center develops further. 

Happy holidays to you all.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.