London, United Kingdom Community Manager
Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anyw...
Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, and at its heart is its community. The Community Center is ...
As the community is gearing up for the new social online meetups, we would like to share a guide on how to join Zoom calls. Make sure to download the software on your computer before you register!
1. Click the registration link in the Community Center Social Online Meetup post.
2. Once you click the link, you will be asked to fill in some information.
3. After you fill in the information, you will see that your registration has been approved. You will also receive a confirmation email of the meeting.
4. You can access the link to the meeting from your confirmation email.
5. You will then be asked to open Zoom to join the call.
* If this step doesn't work, you can try this alternative of joining the meeting from the app directly.
5-1. Open zoom on your computer
5-2. Click on "Join"
5-3. Copy and paste the Meeting ID. You can find the Meeting ID in the confirmation e-mail.
5-4. Put in the password provided in the confirmation email.
6. By opening Zoom, you will be automatically redirected to the meeting.
7. Before joining, make sure to choose one of the audio options in order to enable your audio. You won’t be able to hear anyone or talk to other members if you skip this step.
I hope this step by step guide gives you a better understanding of how you can join our online meetups via Zoom. If you have any other questions, please leave them below and I look forward to seeing you in the online meetup!
Hiya @Helen350 ,
If you have the app installed, the web browser should launch it automatically at step 5. If it doesn't, there may be an issue with the installed programme. We could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app if it's still being dodgey.
@Stephanie If memory serves, it says I can't launch from my browser.... Could it be cos I'm on ancient Windows Vista & can't get Chrome updates???????????????
Oh!! Vista, wowser. Well you don't need to launch from browser, you can open it yourself with the old double click on the icon. Chrome hasn't support Vista for 4 years, I'm afraid 😞
I'm going to have a quick nose and make sure zoom even works on Vista, back in a mo @Helen350
@Stephanie Don't laugh! - Women of a certain age..... Was almost contemplating spending some money on a new device before you-know-what severely curtailed income!
Am thinking back to around the year 2000, when colleague said in staff meeting, we needed more computers... 'What's wrong with the one you've got?', said boss... 'Can't get Helen off it' came reply.... 'Well, you've done well to get her ON it!' said colleague in previous dept. 'We never could!!' 🙂
Hey, I've got a laptop on Windows XP 🙂 I'd never laugh! I don't use it for work though, it has some old games on it that don't work on newer machines. Just goes to show that newer doesn't mean better!
My colleague is adding some guides on how to boot from the app rather from the browser so we should have you on in a jiffy @Helen350
Ha! Stigmatized! Not to worry, I freely admit to being tech-phobic!
One thing @Stephanie , - Do I have to DOWNLOAD Zoom, & if so do I have to download every time? I wonder if MY computer is confused cos ex-spouse had downloaded Zoom on this computer, before it was sort of left in my possession?
I used Zoom quite a lot so not sure why it didn't work for the last meeting.
Hopefully I will get in next time 🙂