Info

Opgelost!

Info

Airbnb

Hello Vanlishout Raquel ,

Welcome to Airbnb!

Through this e-mail we have the pleasure to inform you that your transaction with your host Karine D. Angele for the EUR 16.800 €-(total payment for 24 months ) has been approved. Total due now to confirm this booking immediately is EUR 1.400 €-(deposit 700 € + 700 € payment/month)

Book Now! [Persoonlijke informatie verborgen]

If you need assistance at any point during this booking, feel free to contact us by replying directly to this email address — we are here to help!

Hallo,

Ik zou willen weten of dit echt via AirBnb is opgestuurd geweest of is dit een fake, ik zou niet zomaar 1400€ kwijt willen spelen.

Dank voor een antwoord.

[Persoonlijke informatie verborgen]

Groeten

RAquel

1 Beste Antwoord
Ariane61
Level 2
Dworp, Belgium

Hallo, Ik ben de echte Ariane Marchand. Ik krijg continu facebook berichten van mensen die willen checken of ik degene ben die hen een appartement wil verhuren. Helaas ben ik zelf vorig jaar in de val getrapt (ik heb een foto van mijn rijbewijs opgestuurd naar een 'verhuurder' en sindsdien wordt er gescamd onder mijn naam. De scammer stuurt telkens ook mijn rijbewijs door als legitimatie. 

Weet dus dat telkens ze van iemand een foto-ID kunnen verkrijgen, dit gebruikt wordt om verder te scammen. Ze hebben waarschijnlijk een hele databank met namen en foto-ID. Zelfs als ik een emailadres laat blokkeren door de politie komt er een maand later wel een andere versie van het emailadres online...tevergeefs. Alleszins: loop niet in de val en vertrouw nooit iemand die je niet kan bellen/ontmoeten. En stuur nooit zomaar belangrijke gegevens of erger: geld op!

Beste antwoord in origineel bericht bekijken

9 Antwoorden 9
Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Raquel215,

Het lijkt toch behoorlijk veel op een Scam-geval.

De deposit (borg) wordt namelijk nooit vooraf geind door Airbnb.

Wat is het exacte mail adres, waar deze boodschap vandaan kwam?

Hoe heb je contact gehad met deze Karine?

Was dat wel op de echte Airbnb site?

En het verhaal: De transactie is approved in combinatie met de melding: book now!

Is ook zeer twijfelachtig!

Bert33
Level 1
Leuven, Belgium

Beste mensen,

Wij hebben ook contact met net dezelfde vrouw die ons net hetzelfde zegt. Hebben jullie hier al meer informatie over? Wij vertrouwen het ook niet helemaal. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hallo @Raquel215 ,

Lijkt totaal net op gangbare Airbnb communicatie.

Heb je een directe link naar de betreffende Airbnb advertentie ?

Zie verder ook de vragen van @Cor3 over de kwestie.

vr.gr.,

Emiel

Lien10
Level 1
Scherpenheuvel-Zichem, Belgium

Hallo,

De vrouw is nog steeds actief, net zoals een zekere Marchand Ariane. We hebben bijna net dezelfde email van beiden ontvangen waarin enkel "persoonlijke" info was aangepast. 

Ariane61
Level 2
Dworp, Belgium

Hallo, Ik ben de echte Ariane Marchand. Ik krijg continu facebook berichten van mensen die willen checken of ik degene ben die hen een appartement wil verhuren. Helaas ben ik zelf vorig jaar in de val getrapt (ik heb een foto van mijn rijbewijs opgestuurd naar een 'verhuurder' en sindsdien wordt er gescamd onder mijn naam. De scammer stuurt telkens ook mijn rijbewijs door als legitimatie. 

Weet dus dat telkens ze van iemand een foto-ID kunnen verkrijgen, dit gebruikt wordt om verder te scammen. Ze hebben waarschijnlijk een hele databank met namen en foto-ID. Zelfs als ik een emailadres laat blokkeren door de politie komt er een maand later wel een andere versie van het emailadres online...tevergeefs. Alleszins: loop niet in de val en vertrouw nooit iemand die je niet kan bellen/ontmoeten. En stuur nooit zomaar belangrijke gegevens of erger: geld op!

Brian600
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

Here is an e-mail I got through Marchand Ariane through expat.com.

The only thing, is that I'm currently in Poland for new project and for the moment as I told you. 
 However, I hope this will not change your intentions to rent my apartment because we can still reach an agreement. We can do this transaction through Airbnb. In this way, you will receive the keys in less than 48 hours to inspect the apartment and you will be able to view the apartment without any obligations to rent it. I will pay all the transaction costs. To avoid any misunderstanding I will be gladly to explain you step by step how the viewing procedure works:
  To reserve the apartment I need some details :

. When would you like to move in(exact date) :
. Period of the contract:
. Adults
. Children:
. Name:
. Address:
. City:
. Zip code:
. Country:
. Cell phone number: 
.  A copy of your ID,passport or driving license by email ( scan or photo) for inspection and to prepare all necessary papers for you to become a future tenant. 

Once I get your details, I will contact Airbnb with them to start the transaction. They will send you an invoice and further information regarding the rental, along with payment instructions to secure the booking. The deposit consists of first month's rent and the security deposit ( €1.600 ) and is just to reserve the apartment and not a commitment. You have full payment control until you will check the apartment.  After you pay the deposit, the inspection time will be settled (you just tell them on which date you're available) and within 2 days, the agent will come to show you the apartment and help you with all the formalities so you can live in the apartment.
If you will be satisfied with the apartment, you can move there in the same day. All you have to do is to sign the rental contract and Airbnb will release the payment to me.   I'm quite confident you will like the apartment, but if not, you still have the option to cancel, and get your deposit back from the agent, immediately.
Also, in case you're tied up in another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can arrange the viewing now, and reserve the apartment for you.
 I would appreciate a quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.
Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Brian600,

I do not know how you got in touch with “Marchand Ariane”. But you can book accommodations in various ways and on various sites. Whatever you feel confident with.

The way Airbnb works is pretty straightforward: Any person with an accommodation for rent can create a listing on Airbnb. And other people that are interested in that particular listing can book it, according to the requirements (Price, Availability, etc.) as mentioned in that listing.

Airbnb will facilitate the communications and payments between the host and the guests.

And that’s about it.

Airbnb does NOT provide additional agent-/property-management type of services!

Such as starting transactions, arranging visits, involvement in handover of keys and that sort of stuff.

So the story as explained by “Marchand Ariane” is 100% not in line with how Airbnb operates.

To me this message sounds like a 100% scam.

Most likely “Marchand Ariane” is not interested in scamming you for the whole amount. But at least for the so-called security deposit amount of € 1,600.

Ps.

You ended up on the Dutch version of the Community, but nevertheless. 🙂

Success.

Greetings,

We have done further research and found that a group of people have acquired the drivers license of the victim "Stated in the email".  They will email you requesting a copy of your passport. Once they have acquired this, they will use it for future scams. All rentals offered by "Marchand Ariane" are 100% scams.

We have informed all relevant parties and would ask that the Airbnb community help spread this information to create stronger awareness.

Hello,

I'm the real Ariane Marchand. I was scammed about a year ago and they are using my name and a picture of my license to continue scamming people. Remember to never follow up when they 'aren't in the country' or when the property simply looks too good to be true. Never send them any info or worse: money.

They have a database full of names and photo ID they use to keep scamming.

Good luck 🙂

Ariane

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf