AirBNB business travel account stopped sending me notice when my employee made bookings

Amy344
Level 1
United States

AirBNB business travel account stopped sending me notice when my employee made bookings

I just dont know where to begin with this. Let's start with I setup a business account and registered a traveler (employee). A credit card payment was linked to this account.  A reservation was booked for the traveler. A confirmation email from AirBNB Business was rec'd.  

The booking was supposed to be for one month.  The employee was extended for an additional week and I rec'd an email stating so. But that is where everything operational STOPPED. 

ON August 16th another extension was put onto the account. AirBNB failed to send me any notification about this extension. No email was recd but the invoice in my business account shows the additional charge. 

Now we come to the more significant problem - the business traveler linked to my account now has access to my payment method in their PERSONAL account. There have been additional reseervations made from this person on my credit card. 

AirBNB acknowledges that these unapproved charges were made to my card but they refuse to answer questions about why I did not recieve notice (email) the August 16th extension nor will they explain how this traveler was able to link their personal account to my business payment method.  In fact they refuse to discuss with me any information about the reservation saying I am not a point of contact. 

They fail to even acknowledge that the original reservation exists. 

I have gone round and round with a member of the "trust and security team" who will not contact you by telephone. This representative in fact refuse to even acknowledge that I have a business account pretending instead that this traveler hijacked my card of their own accord and not thru an app problem that allowed them to access my payment information and utilize it outside of the business traveler program. 

I am at my wits end. Yes they have offered a refund a portion of the "unauthorized charges" but that in no way makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing that a traveler on my business account was able to somehow link my credit card to their personal account. 

AirBNB has a trust program where they ask people not to make public security risks in their software but yet refuse to actually address the app / program security by pretending nothing on their part occured. 

I am at a loss on how to escalate this without going to my State Attorney General or a consumer division of the Federal government. I would prefer that AIrBNB be more tranparent and discuss the situation with me instead of telling me that I am not privy to that information. 

0 Replies 0