AirBnB calendar does not sync to VRBO!

Alex4
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

AirBnB calendar does not sync to VRBO!

I am soliciting ideas. . . .

I have a listing with VRBO, as well as AirBnB. However, my AirBnB reservations are not showing up in my VRBO calendar. 

I spoke with VRBO, and they said that AirBnB knows about the problem, but has not provided VRBO with a working iCal link.

Does anyone have a workaround for this problem?

68 Replies 68

I'm getting exactly the same problem...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @John-and-Heather0,

Thanks for mentioning me into this. I have just posted on another thread about what you are experiencing with the calendar. 

Please do take a look here

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Just putting in my 2 cents - I called VRBO tech support on this issue twice and they said the problem is with ArBNB's URL, however, I synced AirBNB calendar to FlipKey with no issue whatsoever. Just cant sync to VRBO. Hope to get ansers soon @Lizzie This is a HUGE doublebooking Nighmare!  

@Lizzie, thanks!

Now if you can get us a local tax line item, we (the hundreds of hosts complaining about that) will all declare you the goddess!

I just had a double booking because of it and coming up I have two more double bookings. AirBnB is unresponsive as to why and in correcting the problem. Flip key here I come!

Allison61
Level 2
New York, NY

I am having the same issue with very little help from Airbnb. It seems to me their link is not working properly and customer support is no help. Frustrating

OK after another phone call to Airbnb. My calendar is now synching. Hope others have the same outcome.

Still not working for me. 

Do you think I shall call Airbnb then ? 

Do you know the phone number ? It's always very difficult to find, hidden in menus and FAQ so that you can't find it 😞

Thanks,

François

I  called both Airbnb and Homeaway today, so not sure which one eventually took care of the problem. You can reach Airbnb on 8554247262 and Homeaway on 8772283145. Good luck.

Hi Alison - was there anything they told you to do - we are having the same issue?  thanks!  

Biren, the Airbnb rep told me she was forwarding my ticket to technical support. I called HA earlier also. In the meantine, I kept copying and pasting the Airbnb URL into HA and voilla it worked. Must have done that about 10 times or so before it eventually woked for me. So there you have it, that's all I did. Good luck.

I am having the same issue and we ended up with two double bookings this past weekend! How did you get in touch with Aribnb?  I can't get a person on the line.  What was the solution?

Allison61
Level 2
New York, NY

Well synching stopped working for me now. This is aggravating. 

same here, both of our properties on vrbo stopped being able to import from Airbnb

Terri-and-Hal0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

All,

Try pasting the exported URL from your Airbnb calendar into the official iCal validator:

https://icalendar.org/validator.html

then click on the validate button. Mine produced two sections, a warning section about mime type, and an errors section.

The errors section had a problem with a missing CRLF [line ending for files] and an error for each of the VEVENT(S) with a missing DTSTAMP:

The specification is RFC 5545. Here is my output:

1. Lines not delimited by CRLF sequence near line # 1Reference: RFC 5545 3.1. Content Lines 
  2. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 5Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  3. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 15Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  4. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 25
  5. <..rest elided..one for each listing in my airbnb calendar..>

cheers,

Hal